Part-time Student Services Coordinator I
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Workforce Development and Continuing Education,
Rockville, has an immediate need for a Part-time Student Services
Coordinator I (S05154). The work schedule is Monday – Thursday,
2:00 pm – 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:30 am – 12 noon. This is a
Bargaining, Non-exempt, Grade 17 position. For non-exempt
positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at
Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a
working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of
fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person queries from
students, parents, faculty, staff, and the general public about
various College processes involving College programs, services,
courses offered or financial aid and College admission eligibility
- Collect, review, and verify incoming documents for completeness
and accuracy according to established Federal, State, and College
- Scan documents into automated database.
- Update, edit, and correct electronic files as needed.
- Enter registrations, transfers, drops and process payments and
financial aid advances. Assist potential and existing students with
- Draft a variety of documents informing students of events,
programs, or deadlines.
- Supply office with financial aid or registration forms,
informational brochures, and flyers to disseminate to students,
College community, and the general public. Receive mail and
packages and route or direct items to other staff or units of the
Salary Range: $18.80 to $23.50 (hourly). Initial salary
placement is based on candidate experience and internal
- High school diploma or GED. One year of general office
experience involving customer service or the equivalent combination
of education, training, certification and/or experience that
provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office applications including Image
Now, and College-specific automated record-keeping systems.
- Skill in using a multi-line phone system, data entry, accessing
relevant information from various sources for reporting purposes,
and producing final typed materials for distribution.
- Ability to perform general office clerical tasks and to operate
common office tools including but not limited to desktop computers,
fax machines, copiers, and calculators.
- Ability to work effectively with College staff and interact
with a diverse community including students, parents, corporate
entities, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student
financial, academic, and personal records and ability to handle
challenging situations with students, parents, or general public
using diplomacy and courtesy.
- Basic knowledge of modern office procedures and practices as
applied to the provision of general office services, business
English, spelling, grammar and conventional styles and formats used
in oral and written communications.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the
United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by October 1,
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid
holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits,
professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance,
tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming
including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, October 1, 2021