Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
This position assumes full responsibility for the coordination of
peer tutoring for the Center for Learning and Academic Success
Services (CLASS). The coordinator manages administrative and
supervisory functions for tutoring offered through the Center for
Learning and Academic Success Services on the University City and
Center City campuses, as well as online. The coordinator reports to
the director of the Center for Learning and Academic Success
The program coordinator is responsible for ensuring the provision
of high-quality tutoring services to undergraduate and graduate
students on the Center City and University City campuses, as well
as online. The program manager is responsible for recruiting,
hiring, training and supervising of peer tutoring staff (80-100
students) who support students in the College of Nursing and Health
Professions, the Dornsife School of Public Health, and the Graduate
School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies, and for
students participating in other programs supported by CLASS. This
position also manages the Center’s Peer Facilitated Study Program.
To that end, the coordinator manages the hiring and scheduling of
student staff and supports their ongoing professional development.
- Coordinate tutoring for undergraduate and graduate courses on
the Center City and University City campuses and online.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise CLASS peer tutoring
- Ensure the delivery of regularly scheduled training and
professional development for CLASS tutors.
- Maintain and update the CRLA-certified tutor training
curriculum yearly; be knowledgeable of the College Reading and
Learning Association's certification process and training
- Recruit, train, and supervise student staff to leadership
positions on the CLASS Tutor Board.
- Lead strategic planning and assessment efforts for CLASS
- Manage the center’s appointment management software.
- Direct the compilation of tutoring records; maintain accurate
data on needs, usage trends, and training.
- Coordinate the Peer Facilitated Study Session program; serve as
primary liaison with faculty partners to facilitate this
- Manage payroll of the entire CLASS student staff.
- Serve on the Learning Alliance members regarding peer educator
training and leadership development.
- Conduct presentations and workshops for students and University
- Teach sections of GSTD100, Strategies for Academic Success as
- Serve as an academic coach to students; respond in a timely
manner to requests for student support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and
regulations for the Center for Learning and Academic Success
- Assist in the training and oversight of front desk staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Center
for Learning and Academic Success Services.
- Master’s Degree
- At least 1 year of related experience
- Candidates must have experience in learning centers/tutoring
programs, be customer service-driven and a team player, must
possess a strong work ethic and an understanding of the importance
of confidentiality, and must have proven abilities to multi-task,
to organize own work day and initiate projects, and to work
collaboratively across departments. Basic knowledge of computer
word processing, including Microsoft Office and desktop publishing
applications, and familiarity with learning/tutor management
systems is essential.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Nov 30 2021 Eastern Standard Time