Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Sr. Associate Athletic Director/Chief of Staff serves as a
member of the department’s senior leadership team committed to
Drexel Athletics pursuit of academic, athletic, and personal
excellence. This position provides senior-level management and
support in planning, developing, and implementing the department’s
strategic plans, programs and services that align with the
department’s mission, core values and goals. The position is
responsible for development and partnership of select programs,
policies and procedures that guide the department at the
University, Conference, and national levels.
- Serve as an advisor to the Director of Athletics in oversight
and executive level management of strategic priorities and
initiatives for Drexel Athletics.
- Lead the implementation and advancement of the Drexel Athletics
strategic plan, including assessment and communications through
quarterly and an annual progress report timeline.
- Serve as the executive liaison with staff, faculty, students,
CAA Conference, NCAA, external consultants, and the general public,
representing the Director of Athletics as needed.
- Facilitates and leads department projects and communications,
including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal
correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Director of
Athletics ability to lead the department effectively and
- Provides administrative management support to the executive
team as needed. Leads a broad range of special projects and events
with internal and external staff and key stakeholders.
- Monitors and evaluates impact and goal outcomes to achieve
athletics department objectives.
- Manages numerous meeting agendas.
- Serves as the sport program administrator for assigned sport
- Serves on NCAA, CAA Conference, University and department
committees as assigned.
- Advise and lead in the development and formulation of Athletics
policies and procedures.
- Oversee the individual(s) providing administrative support for
the Director of Athletics and administrative team.
- Manage select annual report process for national, Conference
and institutional reporting purposes. Provide research on key focus
areas and develop presentations for the Director of Athletics as
needed. Collaborate with board communications and agendas as
related to the Director of Athletics.
- Design and deliver programming to Drexel Athletics staff and
student-athletes as needed. Represent the Director of Athletics as
a chair or leading member of working groups as needed.
- Oversight of Athletics compliance office regarding NCAA rules
and policies, including reporting requirements, and make a
determined effort to ensure that staff and teams are in
- Facilitates recruitment and onboarding process for professional
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in strategic planning and leadership; advanced
knowledge and skills regarding the organization and management of
intercollegiate athletic programs; exceptional skills in
communication, organization, conflict management, collaboration,
decision-making, facilitating change, and guiding and developing
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Division I Athletics administration highly preferred.
- At least five years of progressive job-related
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time