Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University is seeking a full-time outpatient faculty
physician for the Drexel Student Health Center. The Student Health
Center is located in the center of the Drexel University Campus and
providers services for a population of 24K. We are seeking a highly
skilled, patient centered, experienced physician to join our
multi-disciplinary healthcare team. You will be working in
collaboration with other health care professionals to provide
ambulatory primary care to students of Drexel University.
Applicants should submit curriculum vitae and cover letter.
• Clinical responsibilities include providing direct medical care
in a primary care setting, including visits by appointment, walk-in
and telehealth; mass immunization/preventive medicine programs;
performing procedures and other special tasks, based on skills and
• Consults with patients to determine the appropriate course of
• Recommends and orders tests to determine extent of illness or
help diagnose condition. Monitors lab results, medication adherence
and medication toxicities
• Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication,
vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness,
disease, or injury
• Explain and discuss procedures, test results, or prescribed
treatment with the patient.
• Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation
therapists, pharmacists, psychologists and other health care
• Refers patients to medical specialists when necessary
• Participating in quality improvement and other administrative
• Opportunity to create quality improvement and research
• Provides for emergency and, as appropriate within existing
policy, on-going medical treatment of students
• provide health related outreach services to the campus community
• Opportunity to teach medical student and family medicine
residents. Currently, there are no in-patient or hospital
- An MD is required.
- 0-3 years' experience is required.
- Completion of residency training program in Family Medicine or
other field relevant to college health; Board certification in a
specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties;
current unrestricted license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania;
unrestricted DEA registration; current BLS-HCW certificate.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Experience in ambulatory medicine; proficiency with an
electronic health record; proficiency with office-based procedures
(wound care, I&D, excision of skin lesions, toenail excision,
etc); proficiency with primary care mental health.
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Sep 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time