CONTINUING EDUCATION - MINDFULNESS FUNDAMENTALS INSTRUCTOR -
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a Mindfulness Fundamentals
Instructor to join the Continuing Education team!
Continuing Education non-credit courses are available for students
seeking occupational skills or personal enrichment. If you have
passion for teaching and learning, consider joining our team. When
you join, you will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and
empower adult learners to succeed. This position will also allow
you the opportunity to share content knowledge with an eager group
of students committed to learning.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal
arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and
professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the
following core values: accountability, community, diversity,
empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Responsible for mindfulness course instruction which includes
developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and
implementing effective learning strategies and environments,
delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning,
- Develop and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum by
taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles,
ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate, and foster confidence in all students.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree
- Teaching credentials related to mindfulness instruction
- 3-7 years of experience teaching/training in higher education,
specifically related to areas of mindfulness, self-awareness,
meditation, emotional intelligence, and self-compassion.
- Must be able to develop, prepare and present information.
- Moderate proficiency of personal computers and applicable
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment that
reflects our student body and embraces our vision and mission.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected
as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner!
The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and
Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization
committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and
leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues
in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff
recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working
environments, and meaningful community service and engagement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of