Career Opportunity Number
Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
* High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
* Two (2) years of experience in clerical/administrative support,
or related area.
* Minimum Education Qualification can be substituted with an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
* Associate’s degree and/or current professional certification in
administrative work. ( IAAP, CPS, etc.)
* Evidence of working in a team environment, or with multiple
* Experience organizing and maintaining office procedures
(contracts, purchasing, staff calendar management and
* Proficiency with computer software (Microsoft Office suite,
information systems, email, web-based applications).
* Customer service experience.
* Experience maintaining confidentiality.
* Experience working in an educational organization.
Normally scheduled 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday;
however, may be required to work other shifts to include evenings
and/or weekends. Schedule subject to change based upon department
The annual salary is $34,246. A competitive benefit package is
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Cover letter and resume are required and must be attached to the
online application in order to receive any consideration.
* Interviews will be conducted by a Committee
Incumbents provide medium complex and non-routine administrative
support for an assigned department or supervisor.
Typical Essential Duties
• Performs customer service duties to include providing information
and responding to questions/inquiries regarding department
policies/procedures via phone, email, or in person. Greets and
directs visitors, students, or staff to appropriate personnel or
• Assists with department programs and projects; work may involve
assisting with interviewing new hires, program instructors, and
other staff; assist in creating training plans and procedures and
assist with training new colleagues in various processes;
negotiating contracts; scheduling and coordinating appointments,
classes, meetings, activities, or events; maintains calendars,
prepares meeting agendas and transcribes meeting minutes; setting
up rooms; planning events, to include contacting vendors, program
participants, and the media; sending invites; proctoring exams;
making recommendations to ensure operational efficiency; and
assisting with departmental operations as needed.
• Prepares, edits, proofreads, sorts, processes, maintains, and/or
distributes correspondence, reports, rosters, forms, files,
booklets, time sheets, packets, personnel paperwork, work orders,
or other documents; work may involve researching and compiling
information; performing basic quantitative and qualitative data
analysis; maintaining and updating department databases and
tracking systems; and utilizing and updating department systems or
• Prepares, tracks, sorts, reviews, processes, and/or reconciles
various records, invoices, requisitions, bills, check requests,
deposits, accounts, reimbursements, travel requests and vouchers,
applications, or forms.
• Performs office duties to include monitoring inventory; ensuring
adequate availability of supplies and materials; ordering supplies;
troubleshooting basic tech issues; sorting and distributing mail;
and maintaining and updating departmental websites.
• Coordinates assignments of and schedules part-time and temporary
staff; work may involve prioritizing and assigning work, and
• Plans and implements events, to include preparing promotional and
other materials; managing enrollment processes; coordinating with
event participants, vendors, media and other parties; and
performing other operations related to planning and organizing
• Assists in creating and carrying out enrollment marketing
initiatives through campus technology and social media.
• Coordinates with internal and/or external personnel, departments,
and agencies to communicate information, respond to requests, serve
as a liaison, provide assistance, and facilitate departmental
• Member of MCC Cares & Behavioral Intervention Team for Campus
– assigns MCC Cares cases.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of customer service principles;
• Knowledge of computers and related software applications;
• Knowledge of recordkeeping principles;
• Knowledge of filing principles and practices;
• Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and
• Knowledge of event Planning;
• Knowledge of English language, grammar, and punctuation.
• Skilled in prioritizing and assigning work;
• Skilled in using a computer and related software
• Skilled in providing customer service;
• Skilled in proofreading and editing documents;
• Skilled in utilizing modern office equipment;
• Skilled in typing and data entry;
• Skilled in planning events and activities;
• Skilled in maintaining inventory;
• Skilled in maintaining records and files;
• Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general
public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey
Positions in this class typically require: feeling, grasping,
hearing, fingering reaching, repetitive motion, standing, talking,
visual acuity, and walking. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10
pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise
move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves
sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * Do you have a of High School Diploma or equivalent
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have 2 years of experience in clerical/administrative
support or related area?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02