The Instructional Production Services (IPS) group within the
Digital Learning & Innovation office at Boston University
offers instructional strategy and design in online/hybrid
modalities, digital media creation and course production in service
of the University's digital initiatives. The Course Operations
Specialist reports to the Manager of the IPS team. The ideal
candidate will work collaboratively to support the development and
production of digital learning projects across multiple learning
platforms and programs, including playing an integral role on the
development and delivery teams of Questrom's novel online at scale
- Work as part of the IPS team in support of the smooth running
of the online MBA course development and revision processes.
- Participate in course delivery and redesign meetings and
communications; follow up on and communicate regarding tasks and
deliverables that arise from these.
- Manage and monitor relevant course rerun schedules in regards
to IPS resource commitments, with defined milestones, due dates and
- Cultivate collaborative and professional relationships with
Questrom faculty and other project stakeholders to improve course
development timelines and delivery experience.
- Support continuous improvement for IPS by helping track and
document recommendations for course revisions based on desired
learning outcomes and learner interaction data.
- Additional tasks as determined by project need and assigned by
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of experience
- Experience working with digital content creation tools, other
educational technology tools, and multiple learning management
- Experience collaborating with others, preferably in a higher
education setting in support of online learning experiences.
- Basic understanding of course design and underlying pedagogical
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
familiarity with common task or project management tools (MS Teams,
Trello, Asana or similar) preferred.
- An adaptable mindset to work as part of a growing team in the
shifting landscape of the institution and higher education in
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dependability and meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility, imagination, and creative problem-solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal