This is a 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the
University of Wisconsin-River Falls (UWRF). The position
includes teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, clinical
supervision of graduate students, research, and service.
- Teaching: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
Expertise required in at least one of the areas of adult neurogenic
language and cognitive disorders, adult motor speech disorders,
dysphagia, AAC, and/or voice and resonance disorders.
- Supervision: Supervise graduate student clinicians providing
speech-language pathology services in the University
Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic.
- Research: Ability to conduct research and other scholarly
endeavors including securing of external grants. There is
opportunity to direct graduate and undergraduate student
- Service: Involvement in
Undergraduate student advising and committee service is expected.
- The successful candidate will maintain a standard of excellence
in teaching, scholarship and service as outlined in
the UWRF Faculty
and Staff Handbook.
- Earned doctorate in Communication Sciences and Disorders or in
a closely related field is required. ABD with
confirmed completion date within one academic year of start will be
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Adult Neurogenic Language and Cognitive Disorders
- Adult motor speech disorders
- Voice and Resonance Disorders
- CCC-SLP required and must be maintained during employment.
Consideration given to candidates
currently finishing their CF.
- Wisconsin SLP licensure or eligibility required and
must be maintained during employment.
- Expertise in adult neurogenic language and cognitive
- Clinical supervision experience
Applicants are required to apply online. UWRF will not
consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Applicants are
required to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three
references who can specifically comment upon your experience and
professional preparation (references)
Inquiries should be addressed to: Sheri Stronach Assistant
Professor and Search Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: Initial review of
applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration,
applicants should submit all required materials by November 7,
View our excellent benefits at:
A Total Compensation (Wage plus Benefits) Estimator is available
UW-River Falls is an equal
opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and
federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon
sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race,
color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age,
arrest and/or conviction record, veteran or military status. All
persons, especially women, minorities, veterans, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply. Employment is
subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity
and legal right to work in the United States as required by the
Immigration Reform and Control Act. For more
information, please view the posting at: https://jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/7513