A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic and operational success. University Registrar
shall have the primary
responsibility of assisting the daily operations of the University
Registrar. This customer-centric role will support duties that are
both, time-sensitive and critical and require a high degree of
accuracy, as this position serves as the main liaison between the
Office of the Registrar, Manager of Business Operations, and the
department supervisors, staff, and student employees.
Day-to-day operations supporting the University Registrar and
University community. These responsibilities include but are not
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate
- General office duties: phone calls, messaging, ordering
supplies, and maintaining records management database systems.
Manage department calendars, emails, and day-to-day operational
- Research and Development, handling information requests and
performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence,
receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling
meetings for the department.
- Database Management: data entry, quality assurance, and
database queries. Records and monitors required data into an
integrated student database.
- Manage files and other documents and ensures accuracy of
documents received and processed.
- Reviews electronic documents and information for accuracy and
- Creates and maintains manual and computerized records;
recordkeeping systems and ensures that all records are completed,
accurate and up-to-date.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating meetings.
Monitors progress of internal and campus-wide projects.
- Provides professional representation of the assigned
department, exercising judgment and discretion in responding to or
initiating internal or external contacts.
- Processes invoices and expense reports, ensure accurate
reconciliation. Researching and resolving errors or
- Maintains the department's supply inventory and manages the
- Acts as primary contact for all matters related to the
department’s schedule and activities.
- Maintains organization of files and electronic data using
assigned confidential, and in some cases share drives. Supports the
department in the collection of data for internal reporting to
support decision-making and planning.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and completing special
projects and assignments.
- Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics and the
FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, effectively and
professionally, with evidence of success in explaining, presenting,
and interpreting data.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- The position requires an associate degree and/or one (1) plus
years of experience directly related to the duties and
responsibilities specified. A bachelor's degree and higher
education experience are preferred.
- Experience in Jenzabar is a plus.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and
understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience. In
addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity