The Senior Learning Innovation Technologist (classified title:
Sr. Educational Technologist) is a valuable contributor to the
development of innovative, scalable designs and user experiences
for the Questrom Online MBA and other large-at-scale online
programs at Boston University. The person must be able to: - Work
with internal stakeholders to proactively define problems and
identify unmet needs - Scout the environment to identify
technologies that can address those problems.
- Work with and champion solutions across stakeholders toward
- Be a collaborative partner and tech translator with all
- Champion the importance of addressing quality education at
scale by understanding the unique challenges of online programs at
scale (cohorts over 500 students and programs over 4000
- Look for opportunities to use technology to automate key
processes and augment human capital to achieve quality education at
The Senior Learning Technologist must possess user experience,
learning design, and technical aptitude in order to provide
strategic and design consultation as needed, and help with the
purposeful application of the technology with the Learning
Designers, Learning Facilitators, Faculty, and Program leadership.
The Sr. learning technologist should be a curious person that is
willing to look for out-of-the-box solutions and think creatively
around solutions for large-scale problems.
The Sr. Learning Technologist function is tactical and hands-on.
They will be a collaborator with demonstrated technical
capabilities to support online learning at-scale as well as possess
a thorough understanding of the user experience within higher
Reporting to the Director of Educational Technology, Digital
Learning & Innovation, the Sr. Learning Technologist joins a
team dedicated to helping staff, faculty, and students effectively
navigate a rapidly changing technology landscape.
- Provide technical solutions for highly interactive learning
environments in support of best-in-class pedagogy while minimizing
barriers for interfacing technologies.
- Collaborate with Learning Designers, Learning Facilitators,
Platform Administrators, Faculty, and Program Leadership to craft
innovative approaches to online learning within graduate management
education. - Create documentation and protocols on the
BU/Questrom-specific context of technology tools in multiple
- Consult and advise the teaching team on appropriate
technological tools best suited to meet learning objectives.
- Provide consultation via video conference, phone, email, and
- Promote awareness and utilization of educational technologies
among program leadership, staff, and faculty via presentations,
conferences, faculty meetings, and related events.
- Create and deliver technology training virtually and in person,
- Anticipate technical needs for learners and faculty and provide
practical solutions, as needed.
- Communicate regularly with technology vendors as needed to
ensure reliable and satisfactory service to Questrom and the OMBA
- Respond to help desk tickets (troubleshoot, respond and close
within anticipated timeline)
- Work with Information Services & Technology and other BU
organizational units to approve the adoption of new tools. Each
Educational Technologist on the team specializes in supporting a
particular set of technology tools.
- The Sr. Learning Technologists initial responsibilities will
include (but may not be limited to) supporting the Questrom Online
MBA on the following tools: Blackboard ULTRA - FeedbackFruits -
Salesforce - PowerBI - Yellowdig - Pronto - Zoom
- Masters degree required. Doctoral degree preferred.
- Degree in education, user experience, instructional technology
or directly related field, or five years full-time experience in a
- At least five years of work experience at a university or other
- Experience and/or knowledge of at-scale online degree
- Demonstrated ability to interpret learning objectives, and work
collaboratively with faculty, instructional designers, learning
facilitators, platform administrators, and program staff at various
levels of technical ability.
- General experience with any or all of the following platforms:
Blackboard Ultra, Yellowdig, FeedbackFruits, and/or
- Strong organizational skills and ability to support multiple
projects under potentially conflicting deadlines.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience developing training resources and documentation
- Experience teaching in a higher-education setting (preferably
at a mid-size to large institution)
- Experience or training in instructional design
- Experience with tools for accessibility - Experience with UI/UX
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and transfer
knowledge to others (formally and informally)
- Capacity for flexibility, imagination, and creative
- Ability to address problems with a holistic framework and
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal