AJ - Adjunct
Adjunct - Open Rank
Chemical & Life Science Engineering
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
$1575 per credit hour
Monroe Park Campus
Adjunct - Teaching
Normal work days
Normal work hours
Adjunct - Teaching
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
The Department of Chemical and Life Science Engineering is excited
to announce an opening for an adjunct faculty member (open rank) to
co-teach a 4-credit engineering course, Introduction to Chemical
Job duties will include:
- Preparing and delivering lectures
- Preparing and assigning homework problems and exams related to
- Grading homework problems and exams and assigning final course
- Holding office hours and answering student questions
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering or related degree.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and
student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that
shows their commitment to fostering such an environment, and
-teaching experience at the undergraduate college level.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Computational Chemistry, or
closely related field.
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please upload your cover letter, CV, and teaching statement to your
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document