Faculty member will be responsible for presenting lectures and
laboratory instruction, developing and grading examinations and
assignments, and recruiting guest lecturers. They will also be
actively involved with student advising and admissions, faculty
meetings or committees as assigned, clinical and scholarly
The position reports directly to the Program Director. The Program
Director annually completes performance evaluations with input from
the faculty and staff.
Please see our website at
Area of Specialization:
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Anticipated Appointment Date:
November 1, 2021
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 12 - month, full-time academic position.
2. Participate in implementation, evaluation, and revision of
didactic and clinical phase
3. Participate in all aspects of the ARC-PA provisional
4. Serve as course director for assigned didactic courses.
5. Identify and instruct appropriate lecturers for didactic
6. Instruct PA students in areas of knowledge and expertise.
7. Participate in academic advising of PA students.
8. Participate in the admissions process.
9. Participate in laboratory instruction during didactic and
clinical phase of program.
10. Participate in student evaluation by grading written
assignments, written examinations,
OSCE's, practical skill competencies, oral presentations, or other
11. Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, and committees as
12. Maintain NCCPA certification and/or medical license(s).
13. Participate in appropriate local, state, and national physician
14. Participate in clinical practice or research activities
depending on position.
15. Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity to be a
role-model for the physician
16. Active involvement in community service and/or service learning
associated with the
17. Serve as Program Coordinator for the identification, planning,
implementation, and review
of program sponsored service projects.
18. Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
Master's degree required. Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
Current NCCPA certification.
Minimum of three years clinical experience as a practicing PA.
Teaching experience in physician assistant education strongly
Eligibility for licensure in the state of Mississippi.
Strong commitment to fulfill mission, vision, and goals of the
program and the university.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Doctoral degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
2. Ability to prioritize competing demands and the ability to meet
3. Ability to exercise good judgement and discipline.
4. Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication
5. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
6. Ability to efficiently and effectively work in a fast - paced
environment with multiple responsibilities .
7. Ability to prioritize work load; meet deadlines and foster a
willingness to continuously learn and grow professionally to excel
at one's highest capacity.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Work is primarily in a classroom setting. Some clinical
instruction will be required.
2. Exposure to physical risk and physical effort as expected in a
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at
http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, and
vitae. In addition, an official transcript and certification must
be mailed to
Dr. Rick Kilgore - Assistant Clinical Professor and Interim Program
MSU-Meridian Riley Campus
2214 5th Street
Meridian, MS 39301
Condition of Employment:
As required by Executive Order 14042, If selected, you will be
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit
documentation of proof of vaccination or apply for and receive a
University-approved exemption before beginning employment with the
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender
identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status
protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and
applications from women, members of any minority group, and others
who share our passion for building a diverse community that
reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please
contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the
Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713
request, sections of this job listing are available in large print,
and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.