Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized
university program or department. May supervise staff employees,
student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or
medium-sized department or program.
- Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates
- May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts,
research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure
manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc
reports as needed.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications,
scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
This position is headquartered in the Galveston County SBDC Office
in League City, Texas.
Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer service
experience. Also requires Administrative Assistant, Office Manager,
or bookkeeper experience.
Preferred candidate will be a Business Marketing major and/or have
experience in business marketing.
The SBDC program is funded through a cooperative agreement with the
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the State of Texas.
The continuation of all SBDC positions are contingent on the
continuation of funding from both the SBA and the State of Texas at
Job Site Location:
Galveston County SBDC
319 East Galveston Street, Suite A
League City, Texas 77573
Bachelors and No experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Experience: No experience required.
Notes to Applicant: