Graduate Admissions Operations Coordinator (Temporary)
Long Term Temp
(20 hrs/week, from Oct 11, 2021 to Mar 4, 2022)
The mission of California Lutheran University is to educate leaders
for a global society who are strong in character and judgment,
confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service
and justice. Founded in 1959 in beautiful Ventura County, the
university has an enrollment of about 4,000 undergraduate and
graduate students who come from across the nation and around the
world from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and faiths. As a
federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, Cal Lutheran is
looking for candidates with a dedication to and success in working
in diverse communities. The university is committed to an inclusive
learning and work environment that values individual differences
and respects each person’s dignity.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Graduate
Admission, the temporary position perform a broad range of customer
service, recruitment and operational duties in the front end of the
Graduate and Professionals Admission Office that serves prospective
students, applicants, staff and faculty. Duties will include, but
are not limited to: arranging recruitment events; coordinating of
schedules and promotional materials; and communicating with
prospective students and applicants.
- Professionally and effectively communicates with various
stakeholders, staff, and clients performing duties, such as:
answers telephones; relays messages to appropriate personnel;
screens and routes calls and walk-in visitors; and provides
information to staff, prospective students and the public regarding
programs and office functions. E
- Provides follow-up correspondences in the form of telephone
calls, email, and mail to prospective graduate students. E
- Performs accurate data entry of prospective student and
applicant information into the CRM system. E
- Coordinates and attends information sessions and other
recruitment activities for the Graduate Admission office. E
- Orders and maintains inventory of marketing materials,
equipment and supplies. E
- Coordinates communications between prospective students,
faculty and staff. E
- Offers guidance to student workers with regards to job-related
duties, such as customer service and departmental projects. E
- Maintains and uses calendars to: arrange and schedule a variety
of meetings and appointments; establish and maintain regular and
special schedules of the work unit. E
- Monitors progress of assigned projects and develops schedules.
- Maintains record-keeping systems. E
- Supports the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
with budget, scheduling and other operational matters as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge and records of regulations and
requirements applicable to assigned office; monitor transactions,
programs and services to assure compliance. E
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other relevant
software and databases
- Principles and practices of planning.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Public relations techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- University mission, goals, and objectives
- Perform complex and responsible tasks.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, assignments, and projects.
- Organize and coordinate front office activities.
- Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and
- Interact with professionalism, courtesy, and tact.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and resolve issues,
complaints or problems.
- Compose correspondence and written materials
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Perform calculations quickly and accurately.
- Independently take initiative on projects and assignments.
- Enter data accurately.
- Maintain records.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Work independently with minimal direction.
- Meet schedules and deadlines.
- Work effectively with constant interruptions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as computers and
related software, printers, calculators and copy machines.
- Function well as a team member.
Any combination equivalent to: A Bachelor’s Degree and two years of
office-related work experience
Experience working with CRM, student information , or database
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Some light travel may be required.
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date:
Open Until Filled:
Application Procedure/Special Instructions:
To apply, visit https://careers.callutheran.edu/postings/7919
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal
opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status,
sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable
law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied
the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program,
activity or facility of the University on the basis of these
factors in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state
laws, regulations, ordinances, orders and rules, and University’s
policies, procedures, and processes.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process
can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please
contact the Human Resources Department for further information or
to request an accommodation.