: Staff - Full-Time
The Custodial Department is seeking a lead custodian to supervise
the full-time, part-time, and temporary custodial personnel in
proper floor care, cleaning, furniture set-up/moving, and safety
Monday through Friday, 4:30 PM to 1:15 AM. UVU offers an excellent
benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid
holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and
AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for
employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent
plus one year of full-time custodial experience, including some
supervision. Part-time experience will be prorated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of training in the proper use of hazardous chemicals
* Knowledge of all floor types such as terrazo, cement, wood,
vinyl, and ceramic tile, as well as carpet fibers, weaves, and
* Knowledge of waxes/polishes, acids, other chemicals, buffers,
extractors, vacuums, and scrubbers.
* Knowledge of current cleaning techniques and proper cleaning
* Knowledge of proper radio communications.
* Knowledge of pest control.
* Knowledge of general maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of body fluid cleanup and proper protection.
* Skills in the use of proper custodial and maintenance
* Skills supervising, training, and developing employees.
* Skills in effective communication, problem-solving, and
* Ability to supervise and provide on-the-job training.
* Ability to perform heavy lifting with the ability to expend
arduous physical effort and to work in conditions that may involve
some hazards and considerable discomforts.
* Ability to learn new computer programs and then to train new
employees on how to use those programs.
Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical
risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Considerable physical activity - heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary
part (more than 70%) of job. Work may involve moderate exposure to
unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,
smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$29,461 - $36,827 annually
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the
“Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time
after the review date. Please list a minimum of one reference.
References may be contacted at some point during the screening and
selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24732
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.