A total of two (2) years (24 months) of experience in
professional level accounting work consistent with the next lower
level of this series.
An advanced degree in accountancy or registration as a
Certified Public Accountant may be substituted for one year of
Application Deadline: Oct 4, 2021
Employment - Information & Instructions
- Work Department: Accounting Office
- Class Title/Code:
Accountant II (0011)
- Effective Date: Sep 20, 2021
- prepares annual financial schedules for state appropriated
funds and local resources (Statement of Net Assets; Statement of
Revenues, Expenses, and Changes in Net Assets; Statement of Cash
- prepares and reconciles complex accounting reports or
supervises the preparation and reconciliation of complex accounting
- examines a variety of accounting documents to verify
conformance to pertinent policies, procedures, and accounting
- prepares reports and statements requiring interpretation and
analysis of accounting records.
- prepares budgets.
- maintains and monitors contractual billing and payment
- collaborates with unit fiscal officers, deans, directors, and
other responsible administrators in development, evaluation,
implementation, and operation of automated or manual accounting
- assembles, organizes, prepares, analyzes, and reports
- supervises lower level staff as required.
- performs work related to the lower level in this series.
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three (3)
years (36 months), from the categories below:
- Work experience and/or on the job training in Accounting or a
closely related field
- College course work and/or training in Accounting or a closely
related field including 12 semester hours in accounting
- Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals 18 months
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three
(3) years (36 months)
Complete an Employment
online. Submit supplemental application materials,
including copies of official academic transcripts and a current
resume, via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu
All application materials, including completed application,
transcripts, and resume, are due in the WIU Human Resources Office
no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a
non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age,
marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran
For questions regarding the application process, please
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.