Full-time Faculty: Early Childhood Education,
Tenure-track position beginning Spring Semester 2022
- Teach courses in the discipline of early childhood education
in a manner consistent with institutional and course goals and
- Deliver courses through multimedia platforms including
Blackboard as well as face-to-face.
- Select texts, supplemental documents, and other learning
- Set attainable instructional goals and objectives compatible
with approved rationale for each course taught. Gather and record
data related to the assessment of student learning
- Evaluate students to determine progress toward course goals and
objectives, assign final grades, and maintain accurate records of
student grades for timely reporting.
- Maintain a minimum of ten (10) posted office hours, with at
least 8 hours per week on campus.
COURSE AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
- Recommend to the division dean the revision, deletion or
addition of courses or curricula.
- Evaluate and recommend catalog and support material
- Maintain updated course outlines according to prescribed
college procedures; develop course syllabi.
SERVICE TO THE COLLEGE, PROFESSION AND
- Remain current with the field(s) of assigned instruction and
related occupational areas.
- Acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of current instructional
methodologies and materials.
- Participate in accreditation processes and college division and
- Serve on College committees, as assigned.
- Master’s degree in education with an undergraduate degree in
early childhood education
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Doctorate in early childhood education or related field in
- Experience teaching at a community college
- Experience teaching with a variety of modalities
- Applied work experience in early childhood education
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
(NAEYC) accreditation experience
Lakeland provides a competitive compensation package, with
initial salary dependent upon education and experience.
College benefits include healthcare and prescription drug coverage,
dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability
insurance, and tuition fee waiver.
Lakeland’s Total Compensation for Full-time Faculty.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ and submit: 1) Completed college
employment application*, 2) Current curriculum vitae, 3) Cover
letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, 4)
Statement of Teaching Philosophy; and 5) Unofficial college
Applications will be accepted until October 18,
*To avoid difficulties when submitting your application,
be sure your web browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox,
Internet Explorer) is updated to the latest version and
allow yourself sufficient time to complete the application since
you WILL NOT be able to save a partially completed
application and work on it later.
Lakeland Community College is an equal access and equal
opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to the principle
of diversity and, in that spirit, seek a broad spectrum of
candidates including women, minorities, people with disabilities
and people over 40. Under-represented groups are encouraged to
apply. If your disability requires special accommodations to
participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human
Resources Office at 440-525-7575