Part-time Faculty Psychology
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring,
Germantown, campuses are currently accepting applications for
possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching instructor
in Psychology. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher
who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment
to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and
educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions
- Teach assigned courses in psychology.
- Teach a variety of psychology courses and on schedules that may
include daytime, evening, weekend, and accelerated sections, on all
campuses if needed. Opportunities may exist to teach summer and
winter session classes.
- Follow guidelines from department chairs to ensure consistent
content coverage and student experience across multiple sections of
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback in a timely manner to
monitor student mastery and progress through a course.
- Meet established deadlines to submit student mid-term and final
- Conduct assigned classes in the area of employment in
accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and
the stipulations of the College.
- Readily accessible to students for academic consultation and
advising through one-on-one or group meetings, telephone,
videoconferencing, and email.
- Participate, when possible, in departmental, unit, and campus
meetings of a professional nature.
- Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination,
the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in
the scheduled location.
- Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of
the department and the College.
- Seek out through professional societies, meetings, and
workshops, and the current literature of the field means of
- Adjust, insofar as possible, teaching methods to student
- They must also submit to the appropriate department chair,
determined by the individual academic department, a copy of the
syllabus, and other materials, such as reading lists or assignment
sheets, and a copy of the final examination.
- Read and respond promptly to College emails and pick up mail
from the assigned mailbox before each scheduled class day.
- Master’s degree in Psychology
- Proficient with and ability to use a Learning Management System
(LMS) and other web-based instructional technology to facilitate
learning in a web-enhanced environment.
- Demonstrated experience teaching using a variety of delivery
methods, online resources, and technology applications across the
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC email account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Ph.D. graduate degree in Psychology
- Experience teaching psychology courses at the college
- Experience teaching using Blackboard LMS.
- Online applications must be received by May 16, 2022.
For consideration, you must:
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire
- Include dates of employment in your application or
- Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
May 16, 2022
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or
send an email to: email@example.com
Two (2) weeks’ notice is required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student
body, faculty, and staff.
Monday, December 20, 2021