Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Conduct Specialist is a full-time employee. The Conduct
specialist serves as a resource and liaison for students in
distress to Student Life. This role will provide support for the
leadership of Student Conduct and also serve as a Conduct Case
Administrator. This position also will serve a critical role in the
tracking and administration of COVID-19-related disciplinary
matters. This position does require some night and weekend
• As part of Student Conduct team, implement, and oversee
departmental mission, vision, values and goals during a time of
significant departmental development.
• Serve as a Conduct Case Administrator for all levels of conduct
cases, with primary attention given to Covid-19 related
• Recruit, train, and supervise all student office assistants
working for Student Conduct
• Manage all hearing logistics, including scheduling hearings and
appeal boards, reserving spaces, and preparing documentation
• Track weekly Covid-19 testing noncompliance and collaborate with
Residence Life regarding outreach to noncompliant students
• Develop effective partnerships with external partners.
• Participate in training and development with regards to Student
Conduct for all Conduct Case Administrators.
• Support training and development for conduct board and
• Oversee the recruitment of conduct board members and
• Track cases and sanctions for the department
• Conduct disciplinary background checks regarding students and
• Keep up to date on best practices in the field of Student
Conduct, and make recommendations on changes to policy and
• Experience in the judicial software system(s); Experience with
Maxient a plus
• Provide resources to students regarding sanctions, and both
leaving and returning to the university as a result of a suspension
or interim measures.
• Assist with special projects for the department.
• Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree is required.
- 0-3 Years of Experience.
- Candidate must have a proven track-record of excellent
interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Experience in the higher education or student affairs
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Sep 21 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 21 2021 Eastern Daylight Time