Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Salary is $37,170.92. Compensation package is comprised of many
college paid benefits including health and life insurance,
retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College
and the University of Florida.
Full-time, Technical/Professional, PT2, Non-Exempt.
Northwest Campus, Building R, 3000 NW 83rd Street,
Gainesville, Florida 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has
been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the
United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. Santa Fe College is a
comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s
degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in
Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and
Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life, temperate
climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural
events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and
Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
The Office of Admissions is seeking an Admissions Specialist,
who will report to the Director of Recruitment and Santa Fe
Achieve This position works directly with representatives of
public and private high schools, business, government and community
agencies in actively recruiting prospective students for Santa Fe
College. He or she will serve as a pre-college advisor to
students as well as the primary advisor for the student ambassador
program. As recruitment events often occur in the evening or on the
weekend, schedule flexibility is critical.
The successful applicant will have exceptional communication,
organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a strong work
ethic. He or she, must be a self-starter and highly motivated
to provide prospective students with accurate information about the
colleges programs and application procedures. The applicant
must possess working knowledge in social media, digital
communications and a commitment to service excellence as a
representative of the college.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Advisement, training and supervision of the college’s Student
Ambassadors; responsible for development of leadership development
programs for the group and to serve as their primary advisor
- Assist and advise the Coordinator in all areas of
- Attend recruitment events, on and off-campus, as a pre-college
advisor to provide timely and accurate information about the
college and the enrollment process
- Assist in the management of large recruitment events such as
College Night, and Open House,
- Manage the college’s Campus Visit programs, including on-campus
tours, virtual tours, group tours and special events
- Update and maintain a digital interaction with prospective
- Assist with New Student Convocation planning and
- Collaborate with community organizations in Alachua and
Bradford County to promote events for prospective students
- Daily interaction with offices on campus that provide staff and
support for recruitment and orientation events and communication to
prospective and incoming students
- Supervise part-time profession and student staff.
- Strictly honor the privacy and security of student records and
other sensitive information according to appropriate state, federal
and college regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Recruitment and Santa Fe Achieve
Required: A Bachelor’s
degree with at least two (2) years of related work experience as a
teacher, counselor or advisor at the high school level or
post-secondary level, or equivalent, is required.
Additional Requirements: Must be able to
lift at least 20 pounds without assistance. Applicants must have a
valid Florida Driver License and be authorized to drive for the
Requirements). A criminal
background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A Master’s
degree in a relevant discipline with experience working in a
community college and/or university setting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve
goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level
of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial,
high energy, driven, hands-on leader; possesses expertise in
selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining
a highly motivated workforce.
- Customer Service – Provide service excellence through
courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all
Application Process: All
applicants must create an Applicant
Profile to complete the SF Employment
Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, well
as college transcripts to be considered for this position.
The letter of intent must describe your interest in working as an
Admissions Specialist at Santa Fe College and explain the skills,
strengths and experience you would bring to this position. College
transcripts are required to document any
college coursework. Unofficial transcripts are
only accepted for review purposes, official
transcripts are required prior to any offer of
employment being made.