Responsible for performing advanced, complex
professional accounting and/or budget analysis. Incumbents in this
class perform high-level analysis of college-wide budgets and/or
accounting processes, including planning, developing, and
recommending modifications; may conduct forecasting and modeling;
maintain accounting and/or expenditure controls; develop and
recommend operating procedures; and provide technical assistance
related to area of assignment. Responsible for reporting for the PA
Department of Education and coordination of reporting and data
request from the PA Commission for Community Colleges.
The position will be posted until filled.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field and 3 years
experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient
to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
$46,329 - $57,911
Knowledge of GASB and GAAP, as
well as experience in complex general ledger accounting and
reconciliations and state reporting requirements
Job Specific Task List:
If part time, hours per week:
About Us: www.hacc.edu
- 1. Coordinates and prepares state budget documents including
Budget Transmittal, Program Budget, Re-Budget, Mid Year Re-Budget,
Capital Project Requests and double checking accuracy and
reasonableness of information submitted. Performs analyses and
accounting of Commonwealth revenue and debt service payments.
Prepares credit and noncredit FTE reports and revenue entries,
reports and monitors actual enrollments to calculate and record
State income earned to the proper areas. Monitoring of student
errors in the credit and non credit terms and verifying
corrections. Prepare required reconciliations per schedules. -
- 2. Coordinates and prepares information requests, reporting and
data requested by PACCC (PA Commission for Community Colleges). -
- 3. Prepares special analyses, reconciliations and reports for
internal and external users. Responsible for documentation of
accounting procedures and processes for College wide finance
department utilized for reference and training. - (Essential)
- 4. Develops and maintains program costing methodology and
process including reporting and annual preparation of program
costing analysis for determination of performance of college-wide
academic programs. Maintain continued enhancements/improvements to
process functionality and reports to maintain data integrity and
efficiency. Provides reports required by academic affairs for
program accreditation as requested. - (Essential)
- 5. Participates in the preparation of reporting required for
year end annual audit and PA Department of Education's Agreed Upon
Procedures (AUP) reporting. Reporting to include Middle States,
IPEDS and NCCBPreporting. - (Essential)
- 6. Prepares and researches noncredit audit reconciliations, to
include a class by class reconciliation to the general ledger for
the annual audit (to be prepared at least quarterly). -
- 7. Development of specialized reporting required by noncredit
to include financial, enrollment, etc. - (Essential)
- 8. Completes transfer of state deferred revenue funds accounts
into active accounts for each term. Analyze, verify, and reconcile
assigned general ledger accounts and prepare analyses for annual
financial audit including FICA taxes, insurance, lease accounting
and other special analysis. - (Essential)
- 9. Responsible for preparation and review of advanced special
accounting and reporting related reports, analysis, and projects as
assigned by the director, financial accounting, assistant vice
president of finance and vice president of finance. -
- 10. Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Nov 17, 2021 Eastern Standard Time