Assistant/Associate Professor - Apparel Design and Production
Job Description Summary
Assistant/Associate Professor, tenure track, nine
- Teach studio classes in technical and creative design (flat
patternmaking, draping, and drafting)
- Also be able to teach studio/lab/lecture courses in two or more
of the following areas:
- Apparel industry including sewn product manufacturing (lecture
- CAD, digital illustration, and other design technologies
- Fundamentals of design and product development processes
- Functional design (studio)
- Develop and/or maintain functional knowledge of apparel
- Actively pursue a program of scholarship that emphasizes
creative work but can include research
- Pursue grant opportunities
- Participate in curriculum development and marketing for
undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Direct and serve on graduate student committees.
- Participate in undergraduate student advising and mentoring of
students for design competitions.
- Provide service to the department, college, and
- Be actively involved in relevant professional organizations and
with industry entities.
- Ph.D. in Apparel, Apparel Design, or related field required.
Will consider candidates who are ABD at employment date with
appointment at Instructor level; doctoral degree to be completed
within one year of initial hire date.
- The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet
eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time
the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally
for the proposed term of employment; excellent communication skills
Evidence of studio instruction; engagement in
creative scholarship (shown through juried design exhibitions and
portfolio of own and mentored student work); familiarity with
apparel design technologies including Adobe Creative Suite and
Optitex; interest in emerging technologies including body scanning,
3D and digital textile printing; familiarity with sustainable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position is available August 16, 2022.
Apply online using the link: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/25071
. Provide application letter, complete CV, transcripts from all
universities attended, portfolio of student and/or own professional
work; statements of teaching philosophy and of research/creative
scholarship; evidence of teaching effectiveness; and three
professional references with names, addresses, and phone numbers.
Only complete application materials will be considered. Review of
applications will begin on November 1, 2021 and continue until the
position is filled. For more information, please contact:
Dr. Karla Teel, Search Committee Chair email@example.com
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base
Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE
Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Examples of Professional/Student Work
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research and/or Goals
- Student/Teacher/Course Evaluations/Effectiveness