SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $6,249.00/month and
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes
medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b),
dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance,
vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and
tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the
Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay
shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an
ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the
many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in
Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a
significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is
one of 23 universities of the California State University system
(CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay
is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented
university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student
success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is a technical and functional resource responsible
for designing and implementing CRM and other solutions to support
faculty, staff, and the University’s student success initiatives.
Under the direction of ITS Director, the incumbent will be
responsible for new solutions design and development, analyzing and
understanding the campus data and technology needs, creating data
integrations between different data sources and applications,
maintaining the data integrity and implementing system
Product development and support
- With team members and external consultants design, develop,
test, maintain and provide production support for CRM (Salesforce)
and other assigned products.
- Architect solutions by aligning complex requirements to
Salesforce products and solutions.
- Understand the data structure of CRM platform and other campus
applications/data sources that feed into the CRM platform.
- Design user-friendly interfaces for applications, systems, and
- Perform complex application administration, configuration,
customization, integration, installation of new releases,
maintenance, troubleshooting, bug-fix, testing, and applying
security policy best practices. Maintain usability, reliability,
availability, and performance of CRM platform and ancillary
products within the ecosystem, including but not limited to
platform architecture and user facing applications and products.
Maintain visual force and lightning pages.
- Develop and maintain data integrations using Dell Boomi and
- Facilitate workshops to gather requirements and promote process
- Automate processes where feasible and reduce technical
- Work in a cross functional environment with various groups and
end users to identify, document, and implement solutions to support
projects and initiatives.
Collaboration and consultation
- Consult with various stakeholders to understand their
technological needs and help solve business problems and achieve
- Partner with faculty and staff to identify academic technology
opportunities and determine the overall functional and technical
requirements and specifications.
- Research/gather data to develop insightful conclusions and
generate solutions to address end user needs.
- Promote the features and functionalities of CRM and other
products within the ecosystem to drive adoption, utilization, and
- Structure and author documentation with clear focus and
- Write functional requirements into technical specifications and
estimate work efforts.
- Prepare and deliver information and ideas through verbal
communication (meetings and presentations).
- Collaborate with solution vendors and external consultants to
deliver new solutions to the campus as needed.
- Utilize and develop best practices (i.e. SDLC, Agile).
- Build, test, and deploy software solutions. Deliver reports,
dashboards and other BI and reporting products.
- Keep current on new technologies and solutions in higher
education and evaluate third party software and systems and support
- Perform system and data cleaning, record deduplication,
periodic system health checks, and data integrity and manipulation
- Take on additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of lean and agile SDLC methodologies.
- Strong communication skills: active listening, verbal, and
written, including strong technical writing and documentation
- Ability to evaluate complex problems and provide
straightforward recommendations and/or solutions, and successfully
implement those solutions.
- Ability to interact with all levels within an organization from
technical to executive management.
- Ability to masterfully deal with ambiguity and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving
- Creativity, keen attention to detail, and empathy.
- Ability to foster professional relationships with internal and
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of related
education and experience.
- Experience doing Salesforce or Boomi
- Extensive Experience in web programming, database design, SQL,
data integration as well as experience with scripting languages,
such as Apex, Java, Python, or similar.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Master’s degree, e.g. MBA, science, or other disciplines.
- Experience in .NET, PSP, Node.js, Python, PHP, SQL, Ruby, Perl,
XML, JSON, HTML/XHTML, Java Script, XML, AJAX, CSS, REST, SOAP or
- Professional certifications (i.e Salesforce, Dell Boomi,
- Completed more than 2 full life cycles of Salesforce
implementations (preferably at least 1 nonprofit or higher
- Demonstrated solution architecture experience aligning complex
requirements to Salesforce products and solutions.
- Consultant or Salesforce administrator with hands-on experience
in following technology areas: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud,
Education Cloud, Lightning Components, Apex, EDA or NPSP, Pardot or
- Expertise in process automation using workflows, process
builders, flow and visual flows.
- Experience in integrating applications with Salesforce using
Dell Boomi or ETL tools.
- Experience with Form Assembly creating interactive forms and
integrating them with Salesforce.
- Experience in working for Higher Education, consulting, NGO,
and related industries.
- Experience creating reports and dashboards using analytical
tools (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience with Salesforce data management tools such as: Data
Loader, Developers Workbench, Demand Tools, OwnBackup.
- Experience with Salesforce package creation, deployment, and
- Experience with Slack enterprise configuration and
- Experience with authentication technologies, especially
- Experience with software development tools such as Github and
Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
- Experience in salesforce.com Technologies: Apex Language, Apex
Classes/Controllers, SOQL, SOSL, VisualForce Pages, Apex Web
Services, Lightning, Case Management Automation, Salesforce
Developer Console, Service Console, Live Chat, Chatbot, Reports and
- Experience with any of the following applications: QLess,
Fusion, Certify, Handshake, Service Now, Campus Logic, Adobe
- Experience with the following Salesforce packages:
Interactions, Conga, Agile Accelerator, Student Advisor Link.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including
LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to:
criminal records check, verification of academic credentials,
licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references
and/or verification of work history is required for
employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer
of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if
the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it
is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified
information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued
employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were
conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third
party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the
University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not
discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age,
ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration
status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to
the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a
stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State
East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information,
please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus
security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East
Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated
reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.csueastbay.edu/jobs and
under “New Employment Site”, please click on Faculty,
Staff and Management Employment Opportunities.