Data Management Analyst II
The Data Management Analyst II will be responsible for working with
faculty in the Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy at
the University of Florida College of Pharmacy on tasks related to
data management, statistical analysis, and data visualization for a
variety of research projects.
- Data Management: This position requires the analyst to use SAS
at an expert level of proficiency for the management of data,
especially handling large, health care datasets (e.g., insurance
claims data, electronic health records.) Additional expertise in
alternative statistical and/or data management applications, as
well as familiarity with health and medical database structure and
content will be required for successful completion of data
- Cohort extraction and other Programming: This position requires
the analyst to create analytic data files from health
administrative database by using complex programming techniques
(e.g., SAS, Proc SQL) to extract and aggregate raw data and
documenting programming and outputs.
- Performing Statistical Analyses: The analyst will have
responsibilities for conducting descriptive statistical analysis
and statistical modelling, along with using software tools to
create and maintain data visualizations.
- Writing Reports: The analyst will have responsibilities for
writing summary and descriptive reports of statistical analyses,
along with assisting with preparing methods and results sections of
manuscripts and presentations, and grant proposals. Other duties as
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor's degree in
an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, computer
science, information systems, or related field and four years of
relevant experience. Demonstrated experience with database design,
reporting tools, and project management.
- SAS certified programmer.
- Experience with general statistical and data visualization
software (e.g., R, Python, and Tableau).
- Experience maintaining health or medical datasets (development,
cleaning, management), including from medical insurance claims,
EHRs, surveys, surveillance data, and/or related databases such as
prescription drug monitoring programs.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of principles and theories of biostatistics;
Knowledge of basic principles of clinical research.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume, and list of references.
Please provide detail on your familiarity with healthcare data
(e.g., insurance claims data, electronic health records data,
disease registry data) and experience in building analytical
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not reapply.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to
stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an
exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome
applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing
leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all
Health Assessment Required: