Provides general management support and coordination for one or
more major programs in the Dean of Student's Office, such as
Student Advocacy and Support, Student Outreach and Support,
Commuter Student Services, Student Behavior and Conduct and Parent
and Family Programs.
- Selects, trains and supervises a staff of professional,
para-professional and/or clerical support personnel.
- Directly responsible for at least one major program area and
serves as back-up for other program areas as needed.
- Collects and maintains data regarding the general operation and
qualitative evaluation of the functions.
- Develops and coordinates the publication of brochures,
pamphlets, handbooks and other publications related to functional
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures for
the Dean of Student's Office; interprets policy and prepares
- Counsels students and advises them regarding campus-related
problems, serving as the Dean of Student's Ombudservice designated
- Participates in the development of the budget related to
functional area and monitors expenditures against allocated
- Represents the University of Houston at internal and external
events, and serves on division and university-wide committees as
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Masters and 3 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory
in a professional discipline or a thorough general business
management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained
through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal
training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly
related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of
three (3) year of directly job-related experience.