The W. P. Carey School of Business, Graduate Programs, is
looking for an Assistant Director, Graduate Student Recruiter. The
position is responsible for student recruitment by means of phone,
email, face to face and community outreach. To be successful
in this position you should be a forward-thinking self-starter and
have excellent relationship-building skills to complete the follow
up activities necessary to carry out the mission and strategic plan
of the University. The position provides detailed information
regarding graduate business programs that can assist prospective
graduate students in addressing their inquiries, needs and/or
concerns regarding admission to Graduate School and maintains
communication with admitted students to retain interest in the
programs. In addition, the Graduate Student Recruiter supports
other recruiting activities on and off campus by attending
education and career fairs, networking events, ASU events and other
events that connect and build relationships with not only our
prospective graduate students but also others within the ASU and
- Provide prospective students with the highest level of customer
service through effective and timely phone, email and face-to-face
- Take an influential and consultative approach to conduct
individual and group presentations to disseminate program
information to potential students. This includes advising potential
students with respect to program format, admissions, degree
options, requirements and outcomes.
- Monitor and manage student database and associated reports to
track all communication through Salesforce.
- Balance tasks and activities to consistently follow unit
standards for timely outreach and follow up.
- Travel throughout a specific territory for events, networking,
community outreach, and generating interest in the University.
- Ability to travel for events, networking, community outreach
and generating interest in the university if required.
Seasonal travel will be more demanding and may include out of
state and international travel for protracted periods of
- Design and execute recruitment events both virtually and in
person with the assistance and consultation of Associate
- Knowledge of marketing/selling techniques and methods.
- Consistently participate in scheduled meetings and
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Days and Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8:00
am - 5:00 pm with extended hours including evenings and weekends as
needed. In and out of state travel may be required.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three (3) years related
experience, one (1) of which includes professional sales and/or
direct marketing-related experience;OR,Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in higher education recruitment is preferred (2
- Experience working with diverse populations and cultures
- Experience in applying recruiting/ selling techniques and
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communications,
including grammar and spelling
- Evidence of results oriented with the ability to
perform multiple tasks
- Experience in CRM systems such as PeopleSoft and
- Experience in delivering presentations and ideas to large
and small groups
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding,
and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time, and walk
moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities
which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- Communicate to perform essential functions of the job.
- Use standard office equipment including, but not limited to:
computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer,
fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated
- This position receives semi-annual managerial review of
- Work extended hours, including evening and/or weekends, as
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is
one of the largest business schools in the United States with more
than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our
world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of
outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School
welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey
School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business
education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned
faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the
country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.