Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among
the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one
of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of
Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for
economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being
the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community
partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and
This position requires a strong experimentalist with demonstrated
experience in synthesis and processing of 2D materials for
electronic applications. The selected candidate should have a
background understanding and characterizing electronic properties
of materials, have experience working in a clean room environment,
and at synchrotron sources. Experience with XAS, PPMS, AFM, XPS,
and with magnetic characterization is a plus.
Applicants must complete all degree requirements before starting
This appointment is offered for one year with the possibility of an
extension of up to 3 years.
- The research will involve synthesis and chemical modification
of two-dimensional transition metal carbides and nitrides
- Other duties include but not limited to writing reports and
managing the research project.
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate students
- Presentations at national/international meetings and
publication of scientific results in high profile peer-reviewed
journals are expected.
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Participate creatively in refining program directions
- The candidate must have good oral and written communication
skills and be able to interact effectively with a broad range of
- PhD or Doctorate
- Candidates must have a PhD in materials science, chemistry,
chemical engineering, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 1 + year of related experience.
- The candidate should have experience with powder metallurgy
techniques as well as wet-laboratory experience.
- Experience with crystallography is necessary, X-ray diffraction
is required; transmission electron microscopy and X-ray
photoelectron spectroscopy are also widely utilized.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Experience with synchrotron-based characterization techniques
neutron/X-ray pdf is a plus.
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Oct 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Nov 26 2021 Eastern Standard Time