Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Program Manager will manage all administrative aspects related
to the Computer Science (CS) and Information Science (IS) doctoral
programs in the College of Computing and Informatics. In addition,
will work in collaboration with the faculty overseeing these
programs to ensure administrative adherence to academic policies
and procedures, and oversee the fiscal, operation, and human
resources management of the programs. Additionally, assist the
advising team with other programs/student populations as
- Provide reports on enrollment research assistant (RA)/teaching
assistants (TA) assignments and financial support.
- Track applicant data and student demographics via university
systems (e.g., Banner, Hyperion, and Slate).
- Support departmental graduate and doctoral committees.
- Assist program directors, associate department heads (grad)
and/or department heads with the PhD programs.
- Academic Advising functions including but not limited to:
- Oversee individual program plans for students and coordinate
with faculty dissertation advisors.
- Assistant with student registration, scheduling, and course
- Process forms related to registration (add/drop and
- Process independent study, research, and thesis courses.
- Primary point of contact for advisee concerns.
- Advise students on fellowship opportunities and help organize
- Facilitate the annual/bi-annual review of PhD students with
- Work with various stakeholders as needed to fulfill duties,
including the Office of Graduate Studies, International Student and
Scholar Services (ISSS), Drexel Central, Financial Aid, Human
Resources, Bursar, and Payroll offices.
- Manage all the doctoral student files and records.
- Collaborate with graduate academic advising team.
- Assist with other student populations as needed.
- Fiscal and Human Resources functions:
- Manage RA and TA assignments.
- Supervise stipend and tuition remission payment processes.
- Administer RA/TA health insurance selection and annual
- Support necessary reconciliation process with Finance and
- Collaborate with the Finance team on reports.
- Marketing and Admission functions including but not limited to:
- Act as main point of contact for the program.
- Coordinate student recruitment efforts for departmental
- Maintain contact list of local and east coast universities for
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Admission teams.
- Oversee all admission information and dissemination.
- Approve all doctoral webpage content.
- Manage doctoral applicant files.
- Produce/manage the PhD newsletter.
- Provide advising services for prospective and enrolled
- Support prospective student visits.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years academic advising or student services
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with Excel.
- Possess excellent oral, written, listening, and interpersonal
- Possess subject matter expertise including extensive knowledge
of the university’s educational offerings.
- Ability to use independent judgment and maintain records
containing confidential student information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal
- Banner/Hyperion experience preferred.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 20 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 21 2021 Eastern Daylight Time