District Director of Transfer Programs and Services
Downtown District Office at 180 N. Wabash
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Executive Director - Office of Student
Transitions, theDistrict Director - Transfer Programs and
manages the implementation of transfer agreements at
the colleges, working in collaboration with college administrator
is sustaining, marketing, tracking and reporting on the success of
transfer agreements with four-year universities.
TheDistrict Director – Transfer Programs and Services
line with a dotted line reporting relationship, provides direction
and guidance to Directors of Transfer Centers at the colleges in
the implementation of plans and strategies for advising and guiding
students on transfer pathways leading to the successful transition
to four-year colleges and universities.
Program Development & Partnership Management
- Develops new and revises existing transfer programming in
alignment with CCC goals relating to student transfer pathways and
- Attends meetings to represent CCC on transfer articulation
agreement and related issues with colleges and university
Transfer Centers and Staff Oversight
- Creates and manages an online platform to house articulations
agreements in an accessible format for faculty, staff, students and
- Facilitates partnership updates and planning meetings between
CCC and university partners.
- Implements new district-wide transfer partnerships and
agreements developed by the Executive Director-Office of Student
- Works directly with colleges and four-year universities to
ensure that transfer articulation agreements are successfully
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications in developing
outreach/marketing strategies to inform students of transfer
pathways and transfer opportunities to four-year institutions.
- Provides direction and guidance to Directors of Transfer at the
colleges on programming and student engagement strategies to
effectively promote colleges transfer pathways and transfer
articulation agreements with four-year institutions.
Data Management and Reporting
- Meets with colleges’ Directors of Transfer Centers, advising
staff and other college administrators to review updates and
changes to transferability of CCC career programs and courses,
updating of transfer guides, and state laws and regulations
relating to articulation agreements.
- Facilitates training, workshops, and related professional
development for Directors of Transfer Centers, advisors and college
administrators on CCC’s transfer articulation agreements, transfer
pathways and related academic policies.
- Identifies and implement best practice strategies for Transfer
Directors to support the Administration at each College
- Develops and implements data gathering and reporting procedures
to effectively track, monitor and evaluate student engagement,
transfer activities and other key performance indicators.
- Gathers, analyzes and reports on the defined transfer metric
- Prepares bi-monthly reports of special project partnerships,
including student participation and transfer outcomes.
- Provide bi-annual and annual reports on transfer activity for
college faculty and administrators.
- Works collaboratively with four-year institutions and key
stakeholders to assess and evaluate partnering experience and
explore opportunities for partnership enhancement.
- Updates and manages the platform for transfer data management
for the Directors of Transfer Centers (bi-monthly).
- Works with Office of Information and Technology (IT) to enhance
existing reporting systems to improve district’s data gathering
reporting functions for district-wide transfer activities.
- Develop new methods/systems related to transfer information
sharing between colleges and with college and university
- Collaborate with the Office of IT to create user-friendly
experiences for students researching transfer pathways and transfer
opportunities with four-year institutions and related information
on CCC’s transfer programs and services.
- Reviews Transfer Program and Services web pages to determine
need for content updates and revisions. Review analytics of
transfer pages web access to make improvements to existing
Executive Director – Office of Student Transitions
Clerical support staff
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in
higher education or a related field
- Four years of work experience in college/university admissions,
advising, transfer, or other area of student services
- Experience working with transfer students and knowledge of
transfer student trends and/or degree audit and transfer credit
evaluation highly desirable
- Excellent organization and customer service skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Experience with data analysis and making data-informed
- Experience with student reporting and communication tools and
- Demonstrated knowledge of transfer articulation agreements and
transfer and guided pathway activities and programs in community
colleges and universities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long
term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b)
Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University
Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal
and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed
overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!