Coordinator for College for Kids and Teens (PT)
$20.00 per hour
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality
educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our
students. We are the community’s college, committed to student
success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and
MVCC is seeking to fill a part-time position in our Center for
Corporate and Community Education Office. The Coordinator of
College for Kids and Teens is responsible for assisting in meeting
the CCED mission by providing oversight for the College for Kids
and Teens program.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and oversee career camps and youth programming
including creating class schedules each semester, coordinating
marketing efforts; serve as point of contact for instructors,
students and parents; and supervise interns.
- Develop career camps and youth programming based on new and
emerging career and activity trends. Consistently investigate best
practices and trends in youth programming.
- Recruit and manage instructors to deliver innovative and
interactive learning experiences.
- Coordinate instructor and intern onboarding process including
posting job ads, assisting completion of the New Hire Information
Packet and providing an orientation session.
- Cultivate relationships with community partners to deliver
learning experiences around the region in addition to MVCC
- Monitor all course activity to ensure continuity and
- Analyze and track program results, statistics, and course
evaluations to assess program success.
- Assist in promoting and marketing youth programming to the
community using social media, email, outreach activities, and
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in the SUNY Child
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree and two years of related experience such as
youth program development or working in an academic setting
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent
organizational skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- The ability to be a creative problem-solver and manage multiple
deadlines and programs simultaneously
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages and background and
demonstrate a commitment to serving and creating an inclusive
environment for our diverse community of participants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date:
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action,
Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of
excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive
learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators,
staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other
aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and
global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences
among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing
students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world
made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds,
military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status,
cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and
gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status or on the basis of