The University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD)
encourages applications for a Junior Systems Administrator
to support maintenance, upgrades, and training for new and existing
personnel on systems and software. This position also contributes
to the innovative utilization of existing and emerging technology
to support business needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT professional looking to
play a role in protecting our campus community! CU provides
excellent benefits, including paid sick and vacation leave, medical
and dental insurance, a retirement plan with a 10% employer
contribution, and a commitment to work-life balance.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The members of the University of Colorado Boulder Police
are dedicated to providing the highest
quality police services in order to enhance community safety,
protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime.
To do this, we pledge to develop a partnership with the community,
to lead a community commitment to resolve problems, and to improve
the safety and quality of life for all CU affiliates. The CUPD is a
full-service police agency with 46 sworn and 36 non-sworn employees
providing community-based public safety services to a diverse
community of 36,000 affiliates 24 hours a day, seven days a week,
all year long. Every year the department responds to approximately
20,000 calls for service and ensures the safety and security for
all of their PAC-12 Conference athletic events with attendance at
football games exceeding 50,000 fans. Patrolling the campus by
foot, bicycle, motorcycle, and vehicle, the CU-Boulder police work
diligently with the University community and surrounding agencies
to ensure a prompt and coordinated law enforcement response.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Provide first-level incident resolution and request fulfillment
for all ISC users. Triage issues based on the level of criticality,
complexity, and efficiency of viable solutions given available
- Manage technical support for desktops, laptops, and cellphones.
Ensure all end-user equipment is kept under active warranty,
contacting vendors when a warranty issue is identified.
- Act as a systems administrator to support department
infrastructure, including processes and procedures.
- Address user issues with department software and equipment,
using available resources.
- Communicate and partner with external vendors and university
departments to ensure the successful completion of projects.
Perform independent decision-making, product research, procurement
and hands-on implementation of critical Police Department
What We Can Offer
- This position provides the opportunity to work in a hybrid
- This position will require a background investigation including
completion of a personal history questionnaire, criminal background
check, motor vehicle records check, an Excluded Parties List System
check, polygraph, job suitability evaluation, integrity interview,
credit check, and a reference check.
- This position requires availability to be on-call during
evenings and weekends using a department-provided cell phone and
laptop per pre-determined schedule.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $70,000
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Computer Science, Computer Operations, Computer Programming,
Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information Technology,
Information systems, Mathematics, Business or a related field. An
equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience will
substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to
establish and maintain positive working relationships with the
diverse constituencies of the campus community.
- Experience securing and supporting Microsoft Windows based
computer system in an Active Directory environment, Windows Server
2012, 2016 and Group Policy, Microsoft SQL Server, and Windows
- Thorough understanding of networking, servers and desktops, and
virtual clustered environments, as well as video monitoring and
building access systems.
- Familiarity with Prowatch building access software and
NetMotion remote access software.
- Familiarity with Maas 360.
- Familiarity with Tyler Technologies records management system
- Time-management, multi-tasking, good collaboration and problem
- A proven problem-resolution methodology.
- Outstanding customer service and team collaboration to all
levels of an organization. Superb communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- One year of ongoing and recent experience as an IT Professional
with project management, IT infrastructure, and architecture
responsibility in a comparable work environment.
- Basic scripting knowledge (Powershell, etc.) for automating
- Familiarity with enterprise storage solutions and
configurations (iSCSI SANs, network attached storage, etc.).
- Experience managing a clustered virtualized environment
utilizing Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 4, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during
emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: