Director of Free-Market Partnerships
At Northwood University, we believe in individual freedom and
responsibility, moral law, ethical and limited government, earned
success and the importance of creativity, free enterprise and
entrepreneurship as the foundation of individual and human
progress. The successful candidate will embrace, and will promote,
the philosophy of the University and its commitment to the American
free-enterprise system when conducting business on behalf of the
University. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves
with the University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Free-Market Partnerships
and International Programs, the successful Director of Free-Market
Partnerships will broaden the network of Free-Market Partners,
industry associations, and think tanks in order to increase NU’s
enrollment, university brand awareness, and sponsorship and
opportunities for both students ((internships and careers) and
faculty. Additionally, the Director will promote Free-Market ideas
through publications and social media, etc. as well as plan/host an
annual International conference on topics related to advancing a
· Identify like-minded organizations and think-tanks and explore
and develop new partnership opportunities and programming.
· Catalog, maintain, and strengthen existing relationships with
like-minded organizations and think-tanks such as the Institute for
Humane Studies, Intercollegiate Studies Institute, or Foundation
for Economic Education.
· Develop and maintain Free-Market Speakers/Writers bureau in
collaboration with Office of Communication.
· Facilitate publications (popular and academic), and promote
Free-Market related communication via social media in collaboration
with Marketing department.
· Plan an Annual International Conference for Free-Market scholars,
professionals and students.
· Assist in expanding and managing corporate/industry
· Collaborate with NU academic, marketing, advancement, and other
departments to identify existing resources that can build
Northwood’s reputation to external audiences
· Collaborate with The Northwood Idea Taskforce to ensure aligned
key initiatives are achieved.
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in related field such as economics,
politics, history, or philosophy. Master’s degree or higher
· Experience in the free-market movement and its
· Organized and possess high emotional intelligence
· Must have event conception, planning, and execution
· Proficiency in social media
· Excellent writing and editing skills, ideally with some record of
publication in popular or academic outlets as well as strong grant
· While the NU preference would be for the director to work from
the Midland, Michigan campus, a candidate demonstrating success
with working remotely could be considered with limited visits to
campus or other travel, including international travel.
· Work collaboratively with faculty, cross-functional departments
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental,
vision and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave
plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and