Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, online private
not-for-profit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic
applicants for the position of Bilingual Recruiter in the Office of
Enrollment Management. Do you speak English and Spanish fluently?
Do you long to work with adult Latinx students and to help them
achieve their higher education goals? If so, we want to talk with
you! The primary function of this team of two individuals will work
throughout the day and during off hours, as assigned (evenings and
weekends, as necessary), to efficiently convert Excelsior leads
generated by the College’s marketing campaign into enrolled
students. They will convey initial information regarding financial
aid, but only as an introduction, not as in-depth financial aid
counseling. Their role will be to actively contact leads who have
expressed interest in Adelante! via phone, email, and text and to
provide them with accurate information and motivation to sign up
for the program. They will inquire about the students’ educational
and life goals and guide them initially to a choice of major as
they enter and describe the features of the Adelante! Program.
Their principle responsibility is sales and conversion prior and up
- Utilizing strong attention to detail to ensure that Adelante!
leads are managed to allow for multiple outreach attempts and
contacts per student throughout the enrollment process
- Building strong relationships with prospective students through
successful use of rapport building techniques and discovery
questions aimed at understanding each student’s unique background,
motivation, challenges, and future goals
- Effectively communicating the features and benefits of
Excelsior College academic offerings and Adelante! program in clear
and concise manner to prospective students
- Manage the enrollment cycle for prospective Adelante! students,
outlining deadlines and deliverables in a way that motivates
prospective students to complete their admissions files in a timely
- Ability to thrive in a high paced environment that continually
provides service to prospective students through phone calls,
emails, and chat
- Comfort and knowledge of key performance indicators for the
position such as lead management, quality assurance, and
- Commitment to participate in consistent and thorough training
exercises to become proficient in all Excelsior College degree
programs, admissions requirements, policies, services, and
- A thorough understanding of all methods of earning credit,
application process, tuition, eligibility requirements for each
program, and other key information that is relevant in the
- Explain and discuss the results of the application review of
all credits previously earned
- Serve as a member of the dedicated Adelante! Student support
team in partnership with part-time Adelante! Financial Aid and
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited College or
- Must speak Spanish and English fluently.
- Minimum of one-year experience in conversion sales
- Possess deep knowledgeable about Latinx culture and have worked
in a college or university setting with Latinx adult learners.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high-energy office
and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to master and assimilate a large amount of information
about academic offerings with accuracy and detail. Ability to work
weekday, evening, and weekend hours as needed.