Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool
Political Science, Criminal Justice, and Organizational
Full Time or Part Time?
Part - Time
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
Purpose of Position
The Department of Political Science, Criminal Justice, and
Organizational Leadership at Northern Kentucky University is
seeking to create a database of potential part-time instructors who
are qualified to teach courses in one or more of the following
disciplines: Political Science, Criminal Justice, and
THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC POSITION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSTING .
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CREATE A DATABASE OF POTENTIAL PART -
TIME FACULTY .
Teaching responsibilities involve:
1) Teaching a three-credit hour course.
2) Creating a syllabus with a timeline of classes for
3) Provide a meeting time for students.
4) Managing the MyNKU online grading system.
Also, under the direction of the Academic Department Chair:
• Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct professor is
responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or
online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance
relative to standardized learning objectives.
• Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic department
chair. The adjunct professor is responsible for reviewing any
textbook and other courseware changes with the academic department
chair and other full-time faculty teaching the course.
• Facilitate class instruction. The adjunct professor is
responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with
learning objectives and session plan outlines
• The adjunct professor is expected to administer evaluations of
student performance based on course deliverables and course
All course grades must be posted in MyNKU.
All applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in one of
the following disciplines: Political Science, Criminal Justice, and
Organizational Leadership (or related fields).
Please submit your application with a cover letter, vitae, and the
names of at least three professional references.
Any candidate selected for this position will be required to
undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * Do you have collegiate or high school classroom teaching
- * In which disciplines are you qualified to teach?
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you willing to teach in high schools as part of the School
Based Scholars program?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Diversity Statement
- Evidence of teaching style and effectiveness