Applications are invited for four
Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) posts in Integrated Energy
System Modelling. The applicants will require energy modelling
expertise in whole system modelling and analysis and the ability to
apply this to exploring the potential of an integrated cooling,
heating and power systems.
The successful applicants will be
expected to carry out high quality work closely with academic
colleagues and industrial partners to ensure projects are
successfully delivered on time, within budget and meeting all
objectives. The PDRAs will directly work with Principal and
Co-Investigators in the Energy Systems Group to contribute to
research projects funded by EPSRC.
- To understand and convey material of a specialist or highly
technical nature to the team or group of people through
presentations and discussions that leads to the presentation of
research papers in conferences and publications.
- To prepare and deliver presentations on research
outputs/activities to audiences which may include: research
sponsors, academic and non-academic audiences.
- To publish high quality outputs, including papers for
submission to peer reviewed journals and papers for presentation at
conferences and workshops under the direction of the Principal
Investigator or Grant-holder.
- To assist with the development of research objectives and
- To conduct individual and collaborative research projects under
the direction of the Principal Investigator or Grant-holder.
- To work with the Principal Investigator or Grant-holder and
other colleagues in the research group, as appropriate, to identify
areas for research, develop new research methods and extend the
- To deal with problems that may affect the achievement of
research objectives and deadlines by discussing with the Principal
Investigator or Grant-holder and offering creative or innovative
- To liaise with research colleagues and make internal and
external contacts to develop knowledge and understanding to form
relationships for future research collaboration.
- To plan and manage own research activity, research resources in
collaboration with others and contribute to the planning of
- To deliver training in research techniques/approaches to peers,
visitors and students as appropriate.
- To assist in contributing to support student projects on the
use of research modelling methods and techniques.
- To contribute to fostering a collegial and respectful working
environment which is inclusive and welcoming and where everyone is
treated fairly with dignity and respect.
- To engage in wider citizenship to support the department and
- To engage in continuing professional development by attending
relevant training and development courses.