The Business Intelligence Analyst is located in the Office of
the Provost, under the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs. We are
looking for a team member who evaluates and addresses business
intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. Our new colleague
turns business systems data (faculty activity and evaluation
systems) into critical information and knowledge. You will
transform business data into actionable information to make sound
decisions and drive business value. We further expect you to
develop data-driven insights, identify efficiency opportunities,
and drive reporting automation and data visualization
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Serves as main support for the Faculty Activity and Achievement
Reporting (FAAR) system, for the Review, Promotion, and Tenure
(RPT) system, the course evaluation system, and the PeopleSoft
degree module. This includes administrative access maintenance,
updating information, setting up evaluations, reporting, and
- Coordinates with college staff liaisons through regular
communications and meetings.
- Maintains faculty and postdoc discipline codes for market
- Conducts salary calculations for the purposes of promotion,
merit, equity, and other increases.
- Compiles data, prepares summaries/reports, and creates
recommendations as needed.
- Identifies risk factors associated with business process and
the need for security, continuity of operations plans, and other
risk mitigations to ensure consistency, efficiency, accuracy, and
- Produces and presents reports for key stakeholders with
recommendations for change.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer
information systems, management information systems, or related
- 2-4 years of business intelligence experience and/or system
- A combination of related education, experience, and training
may be used as an equivalent to the above minimum
Applications received by September 29,
2021 will be given full consideration. Applications
received after that date may be considered until the position is
The budgeted salary amount is $62,996 - $75,995.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications
of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget
availability, internal salary equity considerations, and
available market information.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions
and details on how to apply online! NAU is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.