Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application
process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada
is seeking applicants for a Transitions Specialist.
About TMCC Adult Basic Education Program:
Truckee Meadows Community College's Adult Basic Education Program
operates mornings, afternoons, and evenings, Monday through Friday
and some Saturdays. Services are provided year round. Full-time
staff is responsible for meeting with students, instructors, and
staff as needed during hours of operation.
1. Bachelor's in a closely related field.
2. One year of experience teaching or training and measuring
3. One year of experience coaching, advising, or mentoring.
1. Experience teaching in an adult education program, preferably in
a community college setting.
2. Experience in facilitating and teaching workplace ready
3. One year experience using computer based training software, such
as Canvas, Microsoft Teams, or Moodle.
4. Knowledge of principles and methods of curriculum, training, and
design for at least one full-length course (minimum of 30 hours
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and
respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students,
faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural,
ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Teach approximately 18 hours a week, with the ability to teach a
variety of post-secondary or workplace transitions related courses,
applying varied teaching techniques effectively in a competency and
standards-based classroom while also utilizing available
instructional technology. Prepare non-credit students for academic
and career success and provide continuous monitoring of these
2. Prepare lessons, syllabuses, course information sheets, student
handouts and appropriate teaching aids, activities and homework
3. Support students through teaching and advising, employing
current research and best practices in integrated education and
training/career and technical education/workforce
4. Administer standardized and informal assessments.
5. Maintain an effective system of monitoring student participation
1. Conduct individual student mentoring sessions based on their
availability (may be morning, afternoons, evenings, or
2. Mentor students using career inventories or surveys, and other
career readiness tools to assist students transitioning to
post-secondary education, training or the workplace.
3. Participate in student advisement, recruitment and retention
4. Act as faculty advisor for the TMCC ABE Students Empowering
Peer's Professional Success club (STEPS)
1. Work flexible hours (minimum of 40 hours per week) to accomplish
all job elements and responsibilities.
2. Assist with procuring guest speakers or implementing events that
help students explore post-secondary, career training, or workforce
3. Assist with curriculum review and revision.
4. Support and promote the development of non-credit articulated
5. Represent the program at special events, outreach activities,
meetings, or trainings as needed.
6. Assist with the development of annual technical assistance or
professional development workshop or training sessions.
7. Participate in staff development and continuing education
8. Provide professional communication, interaction and assistance
to staff, students, and the community.
9. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an
educational enterprise serving the best interests of the
10. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards,
mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
11. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or management
within the same level of scope of practice, complexity, and
Starting Salary $48,298
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of
the following must be attached.
Posting Close Date
- Cover Letter
- Current CV/Resume
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and
experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and
preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this
information to determine that applicants meet minimum
qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The
posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic
positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal
background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the
Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate
the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Meadowood-Center/Transition-Specialist_R0126620-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational
institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada
System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and
numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse
population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI
(Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that
celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of
academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located
near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich
with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor
activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5
hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe,
and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great
Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information,
please go to www.tmcc.edu or
view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to
providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on
the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or
perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities),
gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or
military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or