Greenville, SC Entrepreneurship Programing Coordinator
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My
Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your
resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching
philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading
before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please
ensure you have all necessary documents available before
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type
into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in
Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have
no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is
current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information
for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate
documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your
application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the
Office of Human Resources via email at
by calling 864-294-2217.
Greenville, SC Entrepreneurship Programing Coordinator
Innovation and Entrepreneurship-1
To assist in planning, coordination, and logistics for
external/community programs with Furman's Institute for Innovation
and Entrepreneurship. The primary responsibility will be tied to
GVL Starts, the Institute's signature program for equipping
aspiring entrepreneurs to launch successful ventures in Greenville,
Champion planning, coordination and delivery of a vibrant GVL
- Coordinate all communication with program participants
before/during/after program related to event logistics and program
- Ensure all program participants, speakers, facilitators, and
partners are armed with materials and messaging for how to promote
their participation in (or support of) GVL Starts
- Coordinate assimilation and distribution of program materials
(printing, binding, organization, etc.)
- Work with partnering organizations to coordinate pre/post event
- Creating and sending thank you notes and gifts for speakers,
special guests, etc.
- Sending all pre/post event emails to program participants
In support of creating substantive connecting points for the GVL
Starts program, coordinate with entrepreneurial support
organizations (ESOs) to deliver weekly activity (workshops, speaker
series, networking events, etc.) that offer rich connecting points
for aspiring and current entrepreneurs, investors, and the
corporate community. Organizations and programs would include, but
are not limited to:
- Furman Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship/GVL
- Venture Carolina
- Upstate Alliance
- Vicinity Capital
- Build Carolina/Carolina Code School
Create and coordinate marketing strategies that support GVL Starts
and related entrepreneurial ecosystem building activities such
- Monthly newsletter
- Email campaigns
- Strong social media presence
- Creating and coordinating paid/earned messaging with local
Assists with coordination and logistics for GVL Starts and other
externally facing events. These duties may include but are not
- Coordinating reservations of rooms
- Planning event catering, flowers, decorations, room set up,
- Ordering food and beverage
- Coordinating audio visual/computer equipment
- Securing videographer and/or photographer for events
- Work with videographer and/or photographer to upload media to
appropriate channels (and in coordination with partnering
- Working with members of any partnering organization on their
needs prior to, during and following an event
- Communicating with speakers and facilitators prior to program
to get bios, photos, and meet other pre-event needs
- Creating and sending post-event thank you notes
Assist with supervision of some institute interns.
Pursues professional development to keep pace with demands for
services and information; including maintaining up to date
information about the department and university.
Performs other duties as assigned. The intent of this job
classification description is to provide a representative summary
of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required
of positions in this classification and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any
Works with community members, investors, civic organizations,
students, faculty, staff, alum, event participants, and other
members of the public.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Responsible for own work. May assist or instruct others doing
similar work; including student workers. Tasks involve multiple
procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves
choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying
established rules and procedures. Errors may be detected within the
department or section in which they occur, but may affect the work
of others within the unit to trace errors and make
Reports To: Managing Director, Institute for Innovation and
Work is performed independently on routine work, non-routine issues
or questions are referred to the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years relevant experience
- At least one year's experience coordinating complex events
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience in office software, including word processing and
- Solid experience with building engagement through LinkedIn,
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications and
related graphic design platforms such as Canva (past work samples
- Excellent creative writing and proofreading skills (samples
- Proven record of running successful digital campaigns.
- Experience creating compelling social media content and
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to independently manage
- Ability to work with staff across all organizational
- Positive, energetic, personable, and respectful of others.
Work is performed under usual office conditions.
Work includes occasional travel within the state and very rarely
travel outside of the state.
Hours during the work week must be flexible to include working with
various programs and events that are held on evenings and
Able to lift 20 pounds from floor to counter top and transport
Able to load and unload event collateral into and from car.
Able to set up venues, including movement of chairs, podium, set-up
of banners, etc.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Greenville--SC-Entrepreneurship-Programing-Coordinator_R001376
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing
the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to
create a community of people representing a multiplicity of
identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief,
sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background,
ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of
employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.