Part-time Faculty Nursing Instructor
Job Description Summary
The Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is
currently accepting applications for possible openings as a
part-time faculty member teaching Nursing. We are seeking an
enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of
professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and
demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions
- Clinical instruction in Medical/surgical nursing based on the
needs of the students.
- Clinical rotations are one 12-hour day shift per week.
- Ability to tech clinical in a variety of locations within
Montgomery or Prince George’s counties and/or in Washington
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- Two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- A current, unencumbered Maryland and/or DC Registered Nurse
license or the ability to obtain a license before hire.
- Bedside nursing experience in a medical-surgical setting within
the last two years.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Master’s degree in nursing
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire
- Click Here to apply online.
- Online applications must be received by October 1, 2021
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com at least two
weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to
promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its
student body, faculty, and staff.
Thursday, October 7, 2021