Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville
actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in fields
and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral
part of the University’s learning community and courses online
and/or on campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an
academically qualified adjunct faculty member to teach different
Computer Science courses including:
• COSC 130 - Introduction to Programming
• COSC 140 - Introduction to Blockchain
• COSC 150 - Introduction to Java Programming
• COSC 151 - Computer Science I
• COSC 220 - Database Design
• COSC 231 - Project Management
• COSC 290 - Blockchain Networks
• COSC 305 - Blockchain Cryptocurrencies
• COSC 315 - Ethics and Legal Aspects of Blockchain
• COSC 350 - Data Structures and Algorithms
• COSC 360 - Operating Systems
• COSC 375 - Applications of Blockchain Technology
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
• expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class
assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough
manner (within 24-36 hrs.).
• Establish digital office hours to provide additional assistance
with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from a
regionally accredited institution.
• Student-centered approach and passion for teaching and mentoring
a diverse student population.
• PhD in Computer Science or related field from a regionally
• Experience in online teaching.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: September 17, 2021