Application Deadline: Friday, October 01, 2021
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $36,335.00. Compensation
package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health
and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for
Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C5,
Location: Northwest Campus, Facilities Services, 3000 NW 83rd
Street, Building U, Gainesville, Florida, 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of
the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe
College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open
access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity.
Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a
range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in
Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as
Certificate and Non-Degree programs. A high quality of life,
temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse
cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF
and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls
over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60%
of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the
Facilities Services seeks a HVAC Mechanic responsible for the
installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC equipment for SF. The
HVAC Mechanic must adhere to established college safety guidelines,
as well Florida Mechanical Code, National Electrical Code (NEC),
the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA),
Environmental Protection Agency guidelines and other applicable
codes and standards. The HVAC Mechanic must participate in the
rotation schedule for on call/call back duty as outlined by
departmental and college policy.
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Monitor, troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, trend, adjust, and
input schedules for all HVAC systems utilizing the automated
· Perform maintenance and repair work on commercial and
residential HVAC systems including, but not limited to, air
handlers, water pumps, cooling towers, ice machines, pneumatics and
digital controls, refrigeration equipment, boilers, and chiller
· Change out motors on HVAC equipment and help fabricate parts
for units as needed.
· Inspect and perform routine preventative maintenance work on
HVAC equipment including changing filters, belts, oil, etc. Also
includes cleaning coils and drain pans to provide a safe indoor
environment and prolong the life of equipment.
· Troubleshoot and maintain mechanical systems, including, but
not limited to, start system, observe operation, read gauges and
instruments, and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls, and
pumps that control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in
· Install HVAC equipment.
· Complete all tasks adhering to Florida Mechanical Code, NEC,
ADAAA, and EPA guidelines as well as other applicable codes and
· Work from aerial lift and elevated platforms.
· Install, repair and replace minor ductwork as needed.
· Replace water pumps, water pump motors, pump couplers, and
greasing bearings; align shafts on
· pumps with up to 100 HP motors.
· Maintain proper water treatment for cooling towers and closed
heating and chilled water loops.
· Clean and maintain cooling towers and associated piping and
· Provide maintenance and repair on ice machines, water coolers,
refrigerators, commercial type refrigerators, walk-in coolers and
· Perform maintenance and repair tasks on return fans, exhaust
fans, purge fans, hood fans, and chemistry lab snorkel fans.
· Read blue prints and drawings to determine routing of HVAC
systems to perform troubleshooting.
· Plan and organize jobs; create material list for work order
jobs and projects.
· Clean and organize equipment and mechanical rooms to maintain
a safe work environment.
· Maintain records for repairs performed by completing work
orders and other paper work.
· Order and maintain supply inventory and parts.
· Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and
· Assist other trades as needed.
· Comply with all published College Rules, procedures,
guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees,
including but not limited to those related to document retention
and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
· Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
· Participation in the rotation for on call and call back is on
a voluntary basis, with additional compensation, and may be
required, as outlined in the On call/Callback department
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible and professional engagement.
Reports to: HVAC Supervisor
Required: A High School Diploma or equivalent with four (4)
years of documented commercial HVAC experience and a certification
from a recognized HVAC trade school, a mechanical contractor’s
license or a journeyman license. Applicant is also required to
possess an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal
Certification to service all types of HVAC equipment and the
knowledge necessary to recover and charge air conditioning systems,
as well as familiarity with commercial and/or industrial
refrigeration systems, boiler operation and maintenance.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be
conducted. Applicant must have a valid Florida Driver’s License and
be authorized to drive by the college (Driving Requirements).
Preferred: Experience with energy management and related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
· Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team
player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
· Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed
· Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural
· Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve
goals within or ahead of established time frames.
· Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid
· Relationship Management – able to personally provide high
level of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
· Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
· Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed
online SF Employment Application, an up-to-date resume, as well as
transcripts, licensure and/or certifications to be considered for
this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review
purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of
employment being made.