000538 and 000539
The Degree Auditor is responsible for complying with FERPA
requirements regarding confidentiality of student information when
interacting with students and parents. The position audits student
records in appropriate software programs by entering a wide range
of student information and applying knowledge of appropriate codes
and understanding of University processes and state and federal
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Responsible for auditing student records. Create, update, and
maintain student records in appropriate software programs. This
entails entering a wide range of student information by applying
knowledge of appropriate codes, data standards, and a thorough
understanding of University processes and state and federal
• Examine application documentation and student academic records to
verify coding and information is consistent. Modify records as
appropriate to ensure accuracy for processing by other staff.
• Review and assess course information received from other
institutions to identify course equivalence.
• Verify general education requirements were met and identify
discrepancies prior to posting course information to Washburn
transcript and for course work or substitutions. Review posted
information for accuracy of all transcript information.
• Conduct research and work with faculty and staff to resolve
issues and correct discrepancies for accuracy of the Washburn
transcript and student record. Examine student records to determine
what degrees requirements have been met.
• Work with faculty/staff to resolve outstanding questions for
degree requirements. Develop a knowledge of existing Washburn
degree programs to answer questions regarding academic policies
around degree requirements.
• Responsible for significant amounts of data entry into multiple
systems with few to no errors.
• Work with staff to obtain final departmental approval and
awarding of degrees within the electronic system. Scan and index
information relevant to the recording of degrees.
• In conjunction with other staff, develop a process for producing
in-house diplomas and certificates. Perform necessary research
prior to producing a diploma. Prepare diplomas for mailing/campus
pick up. Work with appropriate staff to maintain appropriate
signatures in the diploma software.
• Provide quality professional customer assistance to students,
faculty, staff, etc.
• Perform office administrative support tasks. Scan and index
• Cross-train with other staff in the department to learn other
functions performed in the Registrar’s office to assist other areas
as requested or appropriate.
• Perform additional job related duties as assigned or as
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Two years’ of experience providing administrative support.
• One year of data entry experience.
Preferred: An associate’s degree. One year of work experience in a
university Registrar’s, Admissions, Financial Aid office, or
student records system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and make complex decisions
following established policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to interact tactfully with customers to resolve
issues. Capable of multitasking and performing varied and detailed
functions effectively with attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred: Understanding of college programs and degrees.
Experience using a student information system such as Banner,
PeopleSoft, or Jenzabar.
Demonstrated Experience using degree audit and/or transfer credit
software such as Degree Works and TES, and experience producing
diplomas using vendor-supplied or other in-house processes.
Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
We have two positions available and Washburn offers excellent
benefits! To review the awesome benefits available to employees
The interview process may require the completion of skills
assessments to determine proficiency in software and skills needed
to perform the essential functions of the position. If additional
testing is required, the information will be provided to candidates
selected for interviews.
$13.50 per hour
Regular Business Hours
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching
focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the
diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates
who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that
fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and
we encourage applications from members of groups that have been
historically underrepresented in higher education. Application
materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will
contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and
inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal
access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- * How many years of experience do you have providing
- 0-1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- * How many years of data entry experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2-3 years
- 3-4 years
- 4-5 years
- More than 5 years
- * How many years of experience do you have working with
university/college student records?
- 1-2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-6 years
- 6-7 years
- more than 8 years
- Cover Letter