Position Information-Job Vacancy
Director, National CyberWatch Principal And Investigator
Full Time or Part Time
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Hiring Salary Range
Commensurate with Education and Experience
Job Description Summary
Responsible for meeting the objectives, implementing the programs
and activities, and fulfilling all of the requirements of the
National CyberWatch grant from the National Science
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree; Doctoral Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years full-time experience in education,
including progressive academic leadership experiences, preferably
in a community college setting.
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Build a Culture of Collaboration
- Coordinate, Collaborate, and Standardize Curricula
- Build and Strengthen Student Capacity
- Build High School and Community College Faculty Capacity
- Expand Pathways to Cybersecurity Careers
- Promote the Cybersecurity Profession
- Support Research in Cybersecurity Education
- Build program capacity based on models of excellence
- Manage the National CyberWatch ( NCW ) Organization
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. Work schedule is subject to change based on department
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of
employment. A signed authorization for release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Special Instructions to Applicants
You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your
application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless
selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended
for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references
listed on your application. Also, you will receive an email
notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization
to complete a background investigation.
This is a grant funded position through September 30, 2025.
Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have up to eight years' full-time experience in
education, including progressive academic leadership experiences,
preferably in a community college setting?
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
question. Do not enter 'See Resume'
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1