Application Deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2021 Salary &
Benefits: Salary is $32,248.28 per the Santa Fe College Salary
Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid
benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave
time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Non-exempt, Pay Grade
Location: Davis Center, 17500 SW Archer Road, Archer, FL
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of
the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe
College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of
Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and
Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate
and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered
institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence,
and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life,
temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse
cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF
and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Davis Center is seeking a Support Specialist to work
independently providing administrative support for the centers
Academic and Student Services. This position will assist with
general office operations including faculty administrative support
and providing accurate admissions information to potential, new,
and current students. The Program Support Specialist is responsible
for providing support to the operations of the Davis Center front
desk ensuring a welcoming atmosphere by providing outstanding
customer service in person, as well as over the phone. The assigned
location of this position may be changed as needed to meet the
needs of the Davis Center and could include a portion of the work
week at an alternative off-site classroom location. Work schedules
may include evenings until 10:00 p.m. and/or weekends according to
the needs of the center.
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Provide support activities for the department such as
answering telephones, assisting in the preparation for special
events, scheduling appointments or assisting students, college
employees and the public by responding to concerns/inquiries and
providing some front-line level of resolution while making
appropriate referrals as necessary.
· May assist students with application and enrollment processes;
provide department specific aid and eligibility guidance, as
· Communicate, collaborate, and maintain relationships with
internal and external community constituents.
· Provide administrative support making travel arrangements,
department purchasing, inventory, and requisitioning of supplies,
equipment, and furniture.
· Reconcile department budget reports; compile and log
supporting documentation records.
· Assist with management and maintenance of facilities, which
may include arranging for corrective and preventative maintenance
or ensuring cleanliness and sterile conditions.
· May open, secure, and maintain schedules for rooms, labs and
· May interview, hire, schedule and supervise the work of other
· Compile and track student records and data including books,
test charts, evaluations, enrollment, registration, graduation,
certifications, and accreditations.
· Maintain confidentiality and security of student and/or
department records and other sensitive information.
· May assist in the development or upkeep of the department/area
· Comply with all published College Rules, procedures,
guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees,
including but not limited to those related to document retention
and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and
· Provide service excellence through courteous, informed,
accessible, and professional engagement.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Dean of Access and Inclusion
Required: High school diploma or equivalent and four years of
related work experience or a combination of completed education
and/or related work experience equal to four years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be
Preferred: Experience working directly with people from diverse
racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Ability to speak a
second language such as Spanish. Ability to flex communication
style to multiple cultural environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Communication – able to effectively communicate in a
professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using
preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
· Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated
team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative
relationships with all levels within and external to the
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule,
organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve
goals within or ahead of established time frames.
· Multi-task – ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate,
manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to
swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action,
and apply the appropriate response.
· Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive,
react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate
change in rapid growth environment.
· Relationship Management – able to personally provide high
level of interactive service to others, building relationships and
addressing identified needs.
· Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of
Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
· Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism,
civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related
activities. APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a
completed online SF Employment Application, a letter of intent as
well as an up-to-date resume to be considered for this position.
College transcripts should be submitted to confirm academic
qualifications. If you do not have college transcripts your high
school diploma or equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial
transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review