Job Summary/Basic Function
The person selected for this position will be responsible for all
aspects of Title IX and faculty/coach labor relations
investigations at the university and will assist with other labor
relations matters as needed, in collaboration with the Executive
Director of Human Resources and the Title IX Coordinator. The
position will also assist with non-criminal investigations in
collaboration with the MU Police Department and respond to faculty
and coach grievances.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One
thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
Annual salary range:
$55,000.00 – $65,000.00, plus
comprehensive benefits starting on the first day of employment,
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children
- Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Personal leave – up to 6 days per year.
- Vacation leave – up to 10.4 days accrued per year for
first year, increases to 15.6 days per year after 1 year.
- Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year.
For description of benefits available, see The State System
Employee Benefits Summary at
Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to
submit a sample investigatory report.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience conducting
complaint, incident and/or grievance investigations within a
workplace environment, Title IX, student conduct, sexual
misconduct, civil rights, law enforcement or discrimination
complaints, or the combination of experience and education
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Ability to establish a rapport with and establish working
relationships with various levels of faculty, staff, students, and
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff of diverse
cultures, racial and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem-solving
- A high degree of integrity, adherence to confidentiality, and a
commitment to the University.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit
a sample investigatory report.
- Prior experience in a unionized environment.
- Prior experience in higher education.