A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic success as a Senior Graphic Designer with a specialty in
front-end web design and an emphasis on photography. This role is
responsible for all aspects of conceptual graphic design, layout,
and production for the University’s print and digital
communications and collateral materials. The Senior Graphic
Designer will be the driving force in developing and executing
creative projects in partnership with the Communications and
Marketing team. Serving as the art director for FMU’s various
projects, this role will act as the point of contact for the
University’s different departments to ensure all design needs are
met accurately, efficiently, and cohesively.
Require Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Create high-quality branded content University-wide, including
but not limited to flyers, banners, signage, brochures, pamphlets,
ads, and displays.
- Plan concepts based on the goal(s) of each project and design
each project in a style and tone that conveys the FMU brand.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts within both
deadline and budget.
- Present finalized ideas and concepts to relevant
- Amend designs according to changes to the information and/or
- Proof and prepare all files before they are
- Supervise and coach team members and external vendors to ensure
work meets the highest creative standards.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media,
particularly design programs.
- Work with outside vendors and printers to provide properly
prepared art files per their requirements.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Photo editing,
retouching software, and WordPress.
- Strong design and typography skills.
- Strong pre-press and production skills.
- Experience in a leadership role bringing projects from
conception to completion.
- Ability to process high-volume work accurately under tight
- Strong understanding of branding and brand guidelines.
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and flexibly.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and a problem
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level
of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design and/or Advertising, or any
equivalent combination of relevant background and work
- Minimum three years experience in a corporate or agency
- The candidate must present a PDF portfolio of sample work or
website URL with a resume to be considered.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and
understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity