Nursing Simulation Lab Assistant and Tutor - PT Flex
Internal Position Title
Biological & Hlth Sciences Div
College of Lake County is seeking a licensed Nurse to facilitate
lab activities in our Clinical Learning Lab! The Nursing Simulation
Lab Assistant works with the simulation learning lab instructor to
facilitate high-fidelity human patient simulated learning for
nursing students at all levels of learning.
• Manages simulation lab supplies
• Performs pre-simulation activities
• Assists with simulation scenarios
• Performs post-simulation activities
• Receives minimal direction
• Reports to Clinical Learning lab Coordinator
• Serves as a professional role model for students in dress,
communication, deportment, problem solving, care delivery and
patient advocacy to facilitate student’s socialization into the
• Demonstrates respect for the student as a new learner by
communicating constructive feedback in appropriate ways and in
- Master’s degree or higher in Nursing
- Licensed to practice Nursing in the State of Illinois AND two
years tested experience.
- Ability to work with computers (PC or MAC experience
- Ability to work with Microsoft office programs – Excel, Word,
- Ability to work flexible schedule (early mornings, late
evenings may be required).
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds.
Prior tutoring and assessment experience at post-secondary
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
-This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an
at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with
the needs of the College of Lake County.
-Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any
benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement,
tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Total Hours per week
19 hours or less
Per class schedule.
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Supports daily operations of clinical learning lab.
• Orient students and faculty to simulation lab.
• Provides technical support to students.
• Maintains currency in field.
• Assess and communicates supply needs to Office Associate and
• Program patient scenarios and setup control room for simulation
• Prepare scenario props and create scenario moulage.
• Assemble pre-simulation learning materials.
• Assist in creating documentation for scenario.
• Pre-brief students, staff and faculty.
• Operate simulation console and software.
• Manipulate simulator during scenario.
• Record simulation activities in approved format (.mov, .flv,
.avi, .mp4, .wmv).
• Assist faculty in managing recording equipment.
• Assist faculty in monitoring student’s safety.
• Provide theatrical support (including moulage and voice
• Operate debriefing equipment.
• Provide feedback for improving simulation experience.
• Return Simulation lab to pre-scenario condition.
• Salvage re-usable supplies and repackage.
• Provide required recorded scenarios, in approved format, to WGU
staff within 24 hours of a simulation assessment.
Tutoring Nursing Students:
1. Assists with tutoring students in the Nursing program to help
them succeed in Nursing coursework.
2. Assists with the assessment of student learning of students
enrolled in Nursing coursework to ensure course learning outcomes
3. Assist the Nursing department chair in data collection, analysis
and report writing to meet internal and external accreditation
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher with a major in
- * Are you licensed to practice nursing in the State of
- * Are you able to lift, push or carry 50 pounds or over?
- * Do you have prior tutoring and assessment experience at
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document