Directs a comprehensive communications program for a University of
Houston senior leadership position focusing on the Office of the
Provost and/or off-campus education units.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive internal and external
communications program that raises the awareness and visibility of
the Office of the Provost and/or the off-campus education units of
- Plans and coordinates publications and communications,
including newsletters, social media, and brochures.
- Manages Office of the Provost and/or off-campus education unit
web pages and provides content updates.
- Works to strengthen communications links with key community and
governmental agencies and organizations as well as other key
- Works with University Marketing and Communications to develop
and implement strategic marketing, branding and image building
campaigns and efforts to increase the awareness and visibility of
the Office of the Provost and/or off-campus education units of the
- If under Office of the Provost; oversees the day to day
communication activities of all Office of the Provost units and
- If under Off-Campus education units; oversees the day to day
activities including planning and administration of budget,
resources and staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information/Preferred
1. At least 5 years’ experience in senior-level communications,
public relations, public information or journalism positions.
2. Proven ability to meet short-term communication needs while
developing strategic communication plans in a dynamic academic
3. The aptitude and attitude to effectively perform as a
“one-person shop” or as a collaborative team member, depending on
4. Demonstrated capacity to process complex material quickly and,
from it, produce clear, concise and engaging copy under deadline
pressure. 5. Organizational proficiency to help develop and
maintain a rigorous editorial calendar.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of
directly job-related experience.