Technology Checkout Consultant (Information Technology
Consultant - Career) Temporary (2 Positions)
Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services,
Temporary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Special Working Conditions:
This position may require the incumbent to be on-call 24/7 to
assist with system maintenance and/or resolving emergency or urgent
issues. The incumbent is required to maintain contact with their
campus outside of their normal working hours on a regular basis per
the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement requirements. Remote
contact shall include telephone, cell phone, wireless data access
device, remote monitoring of any hardware or software device,
and/or electronic mail notification regarding the status of a
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal
records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a
conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the
background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is
discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified
information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background
check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee
who was conditionally offered the position.
Application Deadline & Salary
The application deadline is Thursday, September 30, 2021.
The salary range for this classification is: $4,372 - $10,792
Under the general supervision of the Director of Service
Management, the IT Techcheckout Consultant will provide technical
computing support to faculty, staff, administrators, and students
for campus standard software applications such as Windows and Apple
operating systems, Apple MDM, JAMF configuration. This incumbent is
responsible for, setup, deploying, and client connectivity software
related to the campus laptops, iPads, etc. for the IT Techcheckout
Program. Additionally, this incumbent is responsible for ensuring
the day-to-day operation of the IT Techcheckout Program, assuring
the devices are prepared and configured properly to be checked out
and into students, faculty, and staff. The incumbent will configure
and test laptops and other mobile devices for connectivity to the
campus network; assign and/or resolve incidents in the IT
Techcheckout Program queue in service now and from voicemail and
entering detailed resolution into the incident tracking database;
enter, control, and maintain the IT asset inventory.
Required Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or
related fields or similar certified coursework in applicable fields
of study. At least two (2) years working experience as an
information technology assistant or in a customer service
environment supporting different platform computers hardware and
Preferred Qualifications: Highly skilled at customer service
through phone and service desk support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of hardware, software, and applications
(examples: Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, OS X's, and
iOS's), JAMF, Windows software, and applications (examples:
XP/Vista/Windows 7, Windows 10), and other devices.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.), Microsoft Forefront Anti-Virus,
and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Basis knowledge of Apple MDM
- General knowledge of network connectivity, integration,
configuration, and protocols (TCP/IP).
- General Knowledge of wired and wireless-based local area
- General knowledge of mobile device management products.
- General knowledge of PeopleSoft modules.
- Highly skilled at customer service through phone and service
- Convey information of a technical nature in an understandable
manner to a diverse user community.
- Answer basic technical questions and solve problems
- Troubleshoot, diagnoses, and solve common user hardware
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and use Windows and
Apple applications and operating system software.
- Troubleshoot network and email client connectivity
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others in both ordinary
and pressured situations.
- Work independently and in teams and maintain positive work
relationships with co-workers.
- Communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, and follow
written and oral instructions.
- Work in a noisy office environment.
55% Technology Checkout Program
- Assign and/or resolve tickets in the Techcheckout queue using
Service Now, emails, voicemail, and walk ins.
- Enter detailed information for incident tickets and resolutions
in the ticket tracking system.
- Check the new request coming in SN and voicemail throughout the
day for new job assignments and to assign tickets, as needed, to
- Close tickets in a timely manner and refer issues to the
manager or escalate to other IT teams.
- Provide technical support primarily over the telephone and via
remote connection as well as walk-ins to faculty, staff,
administrators, and students on standard campus application
software and hardware.
- Provide technical support on Windows, Mac, Apple products and
virtual desktop infrastructure operating systems, and client
connectivity software for on and off-campus as well as for the
virtual environment, network, and email access.
- Diagnose hardware problems, perform corrective action, imaging
devices, and resolve or arrange for repair.
- Explain diagnostic messages and provide assistance and
documentation in using help menus and virus detection
- Connect workstations and other devices to campus network
troubleshoot and resolve connectivity problems.
- Secondary help to Manage Mobile Device through ManageEngine
Apple MDM, JAMF.
20% Asset Inventory
- Enter, control, and maintain the IT asset inventory for our
Device Loaner Program.
- Control and maintain all IT Techcheckout Program inventory by
distributing it to Desktop Services and Telecom as needed.
- Report available inventory quantities of each type of loaner
devices item to Supervisor weekly/monthly for
- Purchasing purposes. Order and distribute IT asset tags.
Control, log and maintain the Loaner Devices
20% Backup Support
- Complete operational functions related to the campus IT
Techcheckout Program & Laptop rollout. Examples include: For
Students, New Hires/Roles:
- Process and Accept requests for loaner devices for CES students
and new hires/roles
- Determine new hire and CES student device eligibility -Ensure
everyone follows appropriate check-out processes.
- Configure rollout laptops for individual user deployment.
- Responsible for assigning the task of rolling out new devices
to User Services and Telecom and providing the necessary devices to
- Verify delivery/pick-up of devices -Update the asset/inventory
list For Clearances
- Receive clearance notices -Communicate with HR on what devices
need to be returned
- Arrange for devices to be wiped and re-imaged -Place returned
devices back into the inventory control area
5% Other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor, which may
include participation on large campus-wide projects that involve
working with a variety of individuals across campus.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed
to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical
condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
For more information or definition of these terms, please
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources
Office at (310) 243-3771.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at https://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/clery/crime-stats/
, or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639. Upon
appointment, all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to
work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking,
Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on
University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article
30 Sep 2021
To apply, visit: https://careers.csudh.edu/en-us/job/505038/technology-checkout-consultant-information-technology-consultant-career-temporary-2-positions