The University of Utah Professional MBA (PMBA) Student
Engagement Coordinator plans and implements programming and events
and advises students at the David Eccles School of Business. The
position requires extensive interaction with prospective and
current students, alumni, faculty, vendors, and other school and
university staff. This person must have strong communication and
project management skills, be an effective team player, and an
excellent organizer to handle multiple tasks.
This job is considered “essential,” and therefore, it is
required that the employee be on-campus, in-person.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN27699B 00033 -
Monday through Friday. Must be able to work frequent evenings and
occasional weekends to support students, evening classes, and
events. This position is primarily on-campus with possible
allowances for occasional remote work
Operations and Student Services:
Student Engagement and Events
- Provides visionary leadership for student-related
- Plans and implements programs and events related to prospect,
student, and alumni networking and engagement
- Works collaboratively with campus partners to develop student
experiences and engaging activities
- Provides ongoing support to student sponsored events
- Responsible for the supervision, operation, and assessment of
all student activities and events
- Provide oversite and planning for recruitment, student
services, and alumni engagement programs and events
(PMBA alumni events, graduation, and recruiting events)
- Maintain accurate event details such as attendance
- Work with the manager on budget tracking and evaluation
for PMBA events and other projects as assigned
- Develop relationships with prospective and current students,
engaging throughout their professional MBA program.
- Utilizing a holistic approach, conduct regular in-person and
virtual one-on-one appointments with assigned caseload of
- Maintain student academic files that include a record of the
- Leverages technology platforms such as Salesforce and Slack to
- Promotes resources to benefit student success.
Faculty Support and Class Support
- Leverages technology platforms such as Canvas to support
- Manages quality PMBA class nights by making
appropriate arrangements for the faculty and arranging logistics
for the students. Responsibilities include interacting
with PMBA students, supporting faculty before and during
class days with academic needs, IT and equipment needs, catering
(snack and dinner nights), and a willingness to perform all
necessary tasks required to provide students with a world-class
*This job description is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening,
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing),
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field*, or equivalency (2 years
related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education)
and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
*A related field may include one or more of the following:
Business, Communications, Hotel Management/Hospitality, or
Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with word
processing and spreadsheet programs preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the
essential functions of the job as outlined in the position
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university,
plus two years of related experience or equivalency
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and achievement-driven
- Ability to work independently
- Handle multiple tasks in an organized manner. Prioritize to
ensure a balanced and efficient workload. Produce high-quality work
with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills and
the ability to relate well to working professionals
- Collaborative in approach and open to new concepts and
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Preference will be given to those able to work some evenings,
TO APPLY, VISIT:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in
the application process will be provided to individuals with
disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365
(V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation.
The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.